Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
I think it is high time that we see some really good Call of Duty: Zombies shirts out there. I, for one, would like to see Nikolai or Dr. Richtoven in there - I think you would have a lot of fans for a well designed shirt...
14Comments
    137 weeks ago
    I hear we have a suggestion thread
    137 weeks ago
    THANK YOU! Dear God I've been suggesting this for so long! I think some advertisement style shirts of the perk-a-cola bottles would be amazing! They are so colorful and would make great shirt objects.
    136 weeks ago
    Yes please. I'd love to see Wonder Weapon schematics, perk-a-cola ads as Hdawger suggested, a grindhouse movie poster-style shot of The Four standing armed, maybe coming out of a doorway or something, or maybe even the four from Call of the Dead (Trejo and the gang), though I'd much prefer to see Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen. And definitely incorporate the box, maybe like some kind of graffiti-style drawing of the box getting ready to disappear and an one of the four watching it unhappily.

Yeah, I've thought about it... lol
    136 weeks ago
    No lie...if Call of Duty were a human...and this isn't hyperbole...I'd murder it. I ****ing HATE that game. It's NOT gaming, it's bastardized bull****. I'd rather have a 3 day enema than play Call of Duty.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE
    136 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: No lie...if Call of Duty were a human...and this isn't hyperbole...I'd murder it. I ****ing HATE that game. It's NOT gaming, it's bastardized bull****. I'd rather have a 3 day enema than play Call of Duty.

uh huh...

seriously people its cool to hate whats popular
    136 weeks ago
    I love so many popular things, don't give me that ****. I played MW and MW 2...I was enthralled for like...a week. But then it started truly SUCKING. It's just a shallow game.

But yeah, I just hate what's popular. That makes sense.
    136 weeks ago
    Can you tell us what you actually hate about it instead of just apparently swearing and going on about how much you hate it?
    136 weeks ago
    yost.117 said: Can you tell us what you actually hate about it instead of just apparently swearing and going on about how much you hate it?

^^ pretty much this. Instead of explaining anything he went on a rant and decided to swear and hypothetically murder it. Then like any good pre-teen, pulled out the typical "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE" line. Good times.

Seriously its fine to dislike games but trying to state why you dislike something while at the same time appearing like you're 10 or younger just gets a few cheap laughs as far as I'm concerned.
    136 weeks ago
    Are you kidding me, TF? I just lost everything I tried to post? Well, there's 30 minutes of my life. I'll try to sum it up more succinctly this time.

It's a bland, generic game that has been falling short of innovation and fun-factor for years now. The first game came out just 8 years ago in October 2003. Now we're 8 games in. It follows the pattern that it's parent company creates, in taking a series and running into the ground with yearly releases. Oversaturates the market.

I hate it because I AM a gamer, been gaming for 25 years and never want to stop, and I can't stand to be lumped into the same category as the frat bros who spend their nights spawn camping and throwing out racial slurs and curse words to anyone they kill, as if beating anyone in a game that's got the simplest control scheme takes any sort of skill.

It's patently disgusting. I'm fine with violent games. I'm fine with mature content in games. What I'm not fine with is playing a military officer who is undercover and willingly walks through an airport mowing down unarmed civilians running for their lives because I don't want to blow my cover. That's horrible.

It's a series that spends all of it's time in the online multiplayer space and gives you a $60 game for 6 hours of campaign. It's polished and pretty graphically, but falls short almost everywhere else.

It's going to sell more than Skyward Sword, Skyrim, Arkham City and likely either Assassin's Creed Revelations OR Uncharted 3 combined, yet will not even come close to scratching the surface of it in terms of quality.

I don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because it gives a generic and bad name to gaming. Really, who buys a video game at $100 for a pair of cheap night vision goggles or an RC car? Now they want to start charging people for online content, when you already have to pay for X-Box Live and Playstation Plus? And that's just to get perks that would normally be readily available in previous games?

I'm sorry, but it's everything wrong with the gaming industry. Something that was popular, run into the ground until it's turned to dust.
    136 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: Are you kidding me, TF? I just lost everything I tried to post? Well, there's 30 minutes of my life. I'll try to sum it up more succinctly this time.

It's a bland, generic game that has been falling short of innovation and fun-factor for years now. The first game came out just 8 years ago in October 2003. Now we're 8 games in. It follows the pattern that it's parent company creates, in taking a series and running into the ground with yearly releases. Oversaturates the market.

I hate it because I AM a gamer, been gaming for 25 years and never want to stop, and I can't stand to be lumped into the same category as the frat bros who spend their nights spawn camping and throwing out racial slurs and curse words to anyone they kill, as if beating anyone in a game that's got the simplest control scheme takes any sort of skill.

It's patently disgusting. I'm fine with violent games. I'm fine with mature content in games. What I'm not fine with is playing a military officer who is undercover and willingly walks through an airport mowing down unarmed civilians running for their lives because I don't want to blow my cover. That's horrible.

It's a series that spends all of it's time in the online multiplayer space and gives you a $60 game for 6 hours of campaign. It's polished and pretty graphically, but falls short almost everywhere else.

It's going to sell more than Skyward Sword, Skyrim, Arkham City and likely either Assassin's Creed Revelations OR Uncharted 3 combined, yet will not even come close to scratching the surface of it in terms of quality.

I don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because it gives a generic and bad name to gaming. Really, who buys a video game at $100 for a pair of cheap night vision goggles or an RC car? Now they want to start charging people for online content, when you already have to pay for X-Box Live and Playstation Plus? And that's just to get perks that would normally be readily available in previous games?

I'm sorry, but it's everything wrong with the gaming industry. Something that was popular, run into the ground until it's turned to dust.

see...now wasn't that better than "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE"

;)

Anyways I agree with you. I enjoyed CoD2 (hell it sold me on the 360) and enjoyed the campaign mode of MW1. Never been really into the multi-player aspect but from what i have played of it, its exactly as you described: "frat bros who spend their nights spawn camping and throwing out racial slurs and curse words to anyone they kill"

Now I can openly admit I smurf at the online multi-player as I don't even remotely have the twitch reflexes necessary to pull off a headshot in .01 of a second. I lost those reflexes when I turned 20 XD

Anyways all in all I agree with you. It is killing the market and its only a matter of time until the series dies. Look at what happened with Guitar Hero (and now Rock Band). The market can't sustain the same game year after year with only minor overall changes.

Well, not sure if you're a Battlefield player instead as thats my main focus now. BC3 is looking to be everything the CoD series can't deliver for me. I love the aspect of teamwork and sadly in CoD when team mission oriented gametypes quickly break down into yet another deathmatch it all becomes rather dull. Thankfully battlefield rewards a player for playing with their team...the solo heroics won't cut it anymore
    136 weeks ago
    I laugh now, because my original post mentioned the fact that Activision released 19 Guitar Hero games in less than 10 years. Made the same point, but TF erased it out of hate.
    136 weeks ago
    @SeckzBobOmb This is why I want a shirt specifically about nazi zombies. To me, its the one original non-generic aspect of the franchise, and is pretty much the only reason I would put it in my disc tray.
    136 weeks ago
    Nazi Zombies have been done for years. Hell, there's a hilarious movie about it from quite a while ago. The whole Zombie enfatuation is beyond me, as well. I loved Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, but for the most part, I'm way over Zombies. Dead Rising, also great, but as much as I was anticipating DR 2 I still haven't bought it and pass it up without even looking at it on the shelves.
    135 weeks ago
    PureInvasion said:
    SeckzBobOmb said: No lie...if Call of Duty were a human...and this isn't hyperbole...I'd murder it. I ****ing HATE that game. It's NOT gaming, it's bastardized bull****. I'd rather have a 3 day enema than play Call of Duty.

uh huh...

seriously people its cool to hate whats popular

it's not that, it just went way over board ever since MW1. that game was great, it was a really believable story and then once MW2 came along it was Micheal Bay'd to the umpteenth degree. plus it doesn't help that they are going the sports game route and releasing a new version every year.