Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
Here's another one I have been working on. Don't know if it needs more?
Big Bang Rhapsody
12Comments
    150 weeks ago
    really well done ... I'd buy & wear that

my only concern: maybe the atom in the background could get a more roundish shape, somewhat more symmetric in each direction

would make the design more "centered" if you know what I mean

btw: what specific atom ist that?
    150 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback, but I actually used the atom from the logo in the opening credits.
    http://itsawesometv.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/The-Big-Bang-Theory-Season-4-Poster.jpg
    149 weeks ago
    Okay I'm going to show my nerdiness (and knowledge as a chemist) for a second and say that the atom in the Big Bang Theory logo is most probably lithium, because it has 3 electrons. However, it could technically also be helium since you can only see two of the electrons but then why would they include the third valence level if there were no electrons in it. The one in your design, with 3 electrons, is most certainly lithium.

Now, that being said, the atom in your design is not an atom at all as of right now, because it doesn't have a nucleus. In the Big Bang Theory logo, the dot of the "I" in "Big" forms the nucleus of the atom. Without it, it still looks cool but it's not technically correct and it will annoy any chemists, physicists, nerds, etc. who might see or wear the shirt :P Also I agree that the atom looks off center somehow with their heads on it, if you adjust the valence loops so that they're even it will be perfect.

Otherwise I think this is an awesome concept and is looking good so far! :)
    149 weeks ago
    crud, I talked about centering the design and forgot about the atom's centre ... d'uh. that's me ..

yeah, seeing this is supposed to adress physicists and nerds, you might wanna get your chemistry / physics more than right

but like I said: love it and will by it when printed
    149 weeks ago
    Wow, I feel like I just failed a science exam, lol. Below is a revised version, I hope I passed this time.
    Big Bang Rhapsody Update
    149 weeks ago
    Awesome! It's perfect now! I love it :D
    149 weeks ago
    Eeeeee! That's awesome! I'm not even that big of a BBT fan, but I'd definitely wear it :)
    149 weeks ago
    jepp, submit it like that

BBT will be back on air soon and that would be a neat shirt to celebrat that fact
    149 weeks ago
    I love it! It's a great design overall!
    149 weeks ago
    Is there a reason the faces are halftoned? It looks a bit strange imo, no offense.
    149 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: Is there a reason the faces are halftoned? It looks a bit strange imo, no offense.

I was trying to some how duplicate the lighting seen in the queen cover without rendering their faces. I liked it better vague and more abstract.
    www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/images/medium/Queen-Bo-Rap_copyrightMRock.jpg
    149 weeks ago
    I like the faces half toned. I'm sure it'd look fine with solid faces but i think the half tone makes them look pretty cool