Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie artist and I was hoping I could get some feedback on my first t-shirt design. I submitted it and haven't heard anything back yet. Beyond the quality of my art, I'm also afraid that it may be too obscure for anyone to get into. I appreciate any help you all could give.

Thank you!

12Comments
    136 weeks ago
    looks good but is it a hat or a tentacle? :D
    136 weeks ago
    lol, I know, totally looks like a weird wizard's hat....

That may have answered my question whether this was a good idea or not.
    136 weeks ago
    Onimar said: looks good but is it a hat or a tentacle? :D

*facepalm* -_- it says on the title....
    where is the tentacle from?
    136 weeks ago
    FlyingDork said: lol, I know, totally looks like a weird wizard's hat....

That may have answered my question whether this was a good idea or not.

lol yeah you should eliminate the glow thing on the bottom of the shirt and just have it merge with the shirt cuz it looks like a tentacle hat :D
    136 weeks ago
    Not a Green Lantern Corps fan, Onimar? :)

Must admit I'm unsure whether this is an original character or fanart of an existing one. If it's a pre-existing character, I don't think this would be protected under parody law. If it's not... Well, its a tentacle with a GL ring. I'm not sure it has enough of a unique angle at present. :/ If there's more to it, I'm not getting it from your design at present. It would need to be more explicit.
    136 weeks ago
    From a series of old adventure games on the PC, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. This one is based on the design of the Green Tentacle from the second game.

Day of the Tentacle - Wiki

136 weeks ago
    Hiratha said: Not a Green Lantern Corps fan, Onimar? :)

Must admit I'm unsure whether this is an original character or fanart of an existing one. If it's a pre-existing character, I don't think this would be protected under parody law. If it's not... Well, its a tentacle with a GL ring. I'm not sure it has enough of a unique angle at present. :/ If there's more to it, I'm not getting it from your design at present. It would need to be more explicit.

not really fan of GL, so idk what the tentacle is :(
    i have a very limited knowledge of the subject. if i had to take a guess i'd say parallax, but then i'd miss it by a mile.
    136 weeks ago
    FlyingDork said: From a series of old adventure games on the PC, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. This one is based on the design of the Green Tentacle from the second game.

Ah okay. I'm not familiar with the game so I can't speak for whether that comes across.
    Onimar said:

i have a very limited knowledge of the subject. if i had to take a guess i'd say parallax, but then i'd miss it by a mile.
    Lol! A bit yeah. :D
    136 weeks ago
    Hiratha said:
    FlyingDork said: From a series of old adventure games on the PC, Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. This one is based on the design of the Green Tentacle from the second game.

Ah okay. I'm not familiar with the game so I can't speak for whether that comes across.
    Onimar said:

Lol! A bit yeah. :D

yeah this haha not familiar with the game
    136 weeks ago
    Jesus Christ, doesn't anyone remember LucasArt's stellar adventure game Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle?!

Am I old? it was (amongst other LucasArts adventures) the greatest game everrrrr made!! I spent most of my teen years playing those games, they were the biggest thing EVER (back then)

srlsy ... nothing ever could live up to the adventures produced by Lucas Arts ... back in the 90s that was

wow .. so much for "cult hits of my youth"
    136 weeks ago
    They had it on Nintendo too didn't they? Where you had to control a bunch of different characters and have them do tasks like steaming open an envelope and draining the pool and stuff.
    136 weeks ago
    Nice idea for a Day of the Tentacle reference, but I'm not sure the mash up with Green Lantern really works. This site definitely needs more tentacle though.