Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
I was looking through the September suggestion box and realized that I've submitted a lot of designs for stuff that people are asking for, I just haven't been picked for any of them yet.

I guess I'll just have to keep after it until one of them gets picked. Wish they'd hurry up though. :(

work.7639859.1.fc,140x140,asphalt.v3.jpgwork.7476716.9.fc,140x140,royal_blue.v3.jpgwork.7639322.1.fc,140x140,royal_blue.v3.jpgwork.7536581.1.fc,140x140,slate.v3.jpgwork.7591965.1.fc,140x140,royal_blue.v3.jpgwork.7575695.4.fc,140x140,black.v3.jpgwork.7555274.2.fc,140x140,heather_grey.v3.jpgwork.7492491.3.fc,140x140,black.v3.jpgwork.7642091.1.fc,140x140,navy.v3.jpgwork.7626608.1.fc,140x140,black.v3.jpgwork.7631095.1.fc,140x140,black.v3.jpgwork.7529630.3.fc,140x140,brown.v3.jpgwork.7643182.1.fc,140x140,black.v3.jpgwork.7529598.3.fc,140x140,heather_grey.v3.jpg
10Comments
    150 weeks ago
    I'd buy the Troy and Abed in the Morning one instantly. Especially with the season 3 premier in a little over 2 weeks.
    150 weeks ago
    I seriously must have the "Zaphod Beeblebrox" t-shirt!
    150 weeks ago
    I love the lil smuuuuuurf heroes and the slayerfest one!
    150 weeks ago
    Thanks y'all. I appreciate the kind words. If only the P.I.C. (people in charge) would take notice.
    Ah c'est la vie.
    150 weeks ago
    I think you've got it a bit backwards... I don't think the P.I.C. pick stuff that people want just because they want it... it also has to be up to caliber, you know? So it's not a matter of "I'm making stuff from the Suggestion Box, why isn't it picked?" because it also has to be a unique and original idea/execution that's going to make TeeFury some moolah. Just because the idea is right isn't everything -- the execution has to be of the highest caliber.

Your stuff is awesome, it really is. But, there are little things here and there that detract the quality a bit, if it's not too bold to say. For example, the plaid shirt in the Troy & Abed shirt is just a square halftone pattern, right? It's simple, but real plaid fabric wouldn't lay out absolutely perfect like that, you know? And in the Camelot shirt, the crown is off-center slightly and the jousting sticks are a clipart (if you made the clipart, awesome!)... it'd be better if you hand-drew it.

Little things like that can be what kills a design... because you're competing against other amazing artists who want their designs printed, too. You have to make sure it's the absolute best it can be, because you can bet they are, too, and with as many visitors as TeeFury gets, I bet they get a ton of artists, too.

TL;DR -- I don't think they're ignoring your work -- I think they just probably have a butt-ton to choose from and it might not be quite what they're looking for, for any variety of reasons. Or maybe, they're just SUPER backed up. Or maybe someone else submitted a similar design first and they chose that one? Who knows. But, we've seen that they frequent these forums -- so I doubt they're missing/ignoring it. Just give it time, and keep submitting :)

Just my 2¢ :)
    149 weeks ago
    I can honestly say I submitted probably twice this amount before they picked one of my designs. I know it gets disheartening but just keep submitting and I can promise you they will pick something of yours, the artwork is plenty good enough
    149 weeks ago
    all of this is awesome love the work
    149 weeks ago
    I'd buy the Greendale Debate Team shirt in a heartbeat.
    149 weeks ago
    like it was said above: you certainly don't lack technical skills ... but what I miss from your designs is detail. detail as in "little tid-bits hidden in the design (see swissarmyshark's Buffy the Riveter design) aaand detail as in "perfect arrangement of everything"

I know that most designers on here aren't professionals, but they certainly have to compete with some. that means having a good idea and putting on a shirt just won't cut it. there's extra-miles to go before you sleep ... actually ... make that light years.

like I said before: you have the skills and you're headed into the direction. but don't just stop the creative process right at your basic idea: when I design a shirt print, the initial idea (the "punch line" so to speak) is just one aspect of the whole design. some other stuff just emerges after researching the idea (for details), whereas even more ideas comes up during creation. you'll just have to figure out what suits the design, what makes sense, what doesn't, what's necessary, what's dispensable.

I know it's not easy to decide all that, but the design will help you: certain ideas are just not realizable on a shirt (drop them), other may not be realizable with the software in use (drop them), some other ideas simply fall off the radar because they don't really come thru (drop them)
    that's why: collect tons of details (because most of them will be lost in the process) and turn the idea into a concept before you call it a design.
    and always ask for feedback before submitting, ask trusted (honest) friends, on here, whatever.

always ask yourself: is this design really as good as it gets? if yes: would I want to pay money for having this on shirt, would I wear it with pride? if no: what needs to be tweaked, where exactly IS the problem?

I know, long read and what not .. but two more things (no nice things, but the TF forums are about honest feedback, that's why I'm gonna tell you right away)

1st) I honestly don't see the appeal in your character designs. they look way roo much the same for my taste. they even have the very same pose. that either says "this is my style, eat it up or leave" or it says "that's all I can do"

2nd) you probably shouldn't be whining about how TeeFury ignores your ideas so much. it makes you sound like someone who thinks TeeFury OWES him to print those designs for simply being so kind and designing them. that certainly won't win them over ... quality designs on the other hands will. and I'm quite certain you're capable of producing those ...
    149 weeks ago
    OMG THE LAST CENTURION I want it