Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
So in my head I imagined a vintage star wars graphic tee. Then I said hey what if Captain "Mal" was somehow a wanted fugitive in the realm of Cowboy Bebop?? I mean the similarities are astonishing. They are both space cowboy epics. It would only make sense to mash these two ideas together.... So this is what I came up with. Feedback always welcome :))

Art before shirt:
Photobucket

Art on shirt:
Photobucket
27Comments
    137 weeks ago
    SICK!!!!!

I have no idea what this Cowboy Bebop is, and I don't care. I WILL buy this WHEN it is printed. You can never have too much of Nathan Fillion's sexyface on t-shirts, especially when done so well.

The only thing I can possibly think of to critique this is the abbreviation of "Captain." I've always seen it abbreviated "Cap'n", but maybe that's just me? Is it both? I have no idea haha. Other than that, flawless. Love the color palette, love that it's not on a brown shirt (THANK YOU FOR THIS), typeface, errything. This shirt goram rocks!
    137 weeks ago
    Thank you very much for the kind words. Also you would love Cowboy Bebop! It's one of the best anime series of all time... best part is it's about interplanetary bounty hunting! So both shows are basically about Space Cowboys. So I imagined if Mal were in the realm of Bebop he would be a wanted fugitive that Spike and Jet would go after.

I'm still thinking about how I should word Captain. When I see Cap'n I automatically think Captain Crunch lol. Not a bad thing but Captain Crunch does cut the roof of my mouth.

I would love more feedback soon because I want to submit this before I reveal my back to the future shirt.
    137 weeks ago
    shouldn't it say "see you in space, cowboy?"
    137 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: shouldn't it say "see you in space, cowboy?"

this!!!!!!!!!
    137 weeks ago
    Oh SMURF.... I just remembered the end of every episode of Cowboy Bebop says- "SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY"

Still not sure if I should say Cap'n or Capt'n... descisions, decisions.......

Besides some curning I overlooked in the lettering, does anyone see anything awkward I should tweak? I was thinking about making more work for myself and adding shirt colored highlights to the flat colored areas. Well thoughts and comments welcome as always.
    137 weeks ago
    Mayby add the serenity in the background but in the same style as the background, or make the bakground like the serenity jet stream thing?
    Anyway love the design and would buy if it comes up for sale, as long as the quote is tweaked.
    137 weeks ago
    chirmer said: SICK!!!!!

I have no idea what this Cowboy Bebop is, and I don't care. I WILL buy this WHEN it is printed. You can never have too much of Nathan Fillion's sexyface on t-shirts, especially when done so well.

The only thing I can possibly think of to critique this is the abbreviation of "Captain." I've always seen it abbreviated "Cap'n", but maybe that's just me? Is it both? I have no idea haha. Other than that, flawless. Love the color palette, love that it's not on a brown shirt (THANK YOU FOR THIS), typeface, errything. This shirt goram rocks!

Shame on you! You don't know what Cowboy Bebop is? It is one of the best shows ever created. Do yourself a favor and watch some episodes. Geez...
    137 weeks ago
    This is pretty awesome
    137 weeks ago
    Oh....I dig it. I love my Cowboy Bebop and I love my Firefly.
    137 weeks ago
    How about just "Capt."?
    137 weeks ago
    chirmer said:
    I have no idea what this Cowboy Bebop is, and I don't care.
    That's really unfortunate.
    137 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said:
    kgullholmen said: shouldn't it say "see you in space, cowboy?"

this!!!!!!!!!

YESSSS!!!!
    137 weeks ago
    for once a MashedPotato that makes sense and looks good.
    137 weeks ago
    I really like this...

A +1 for just Capt.

Also, is the "see you in space, Cowboy" tag line key for the Bebop reference? I am just not sure about the tag line on a wanted poster.
    137 weeks ago
    Sgelenter said: Thank you very much for the kind words. Also you would love Cowboy Bebop! It's one of the best anime series of all time... best part is it's about interplanetary bounty hunting! So both shows are basically about Space Cowboys. So I imagined if Mal were in the realm of Bebop he would be a wanted fugitive that Spike and Jet would go after.

I'm still thinking about how I should word Captain. When I see Cap'n I automatically think Captain Crunch lol. Not a bad thing but Captain Crunch does cut the roof of my mouth.

I would love more feedback soon because I want to submit this before I reveal my back to the future shirt.

Haha well I've never been a fan of anime but I'm willing to try anything! I hope it's on Netflix...

And yay, I thought I was the only one whose mouth got ruined by Cap'n Crunch, LOL.

AAAND as for kerning, now that you mention it, anything involving an ' or " could use some love, haha. The typeface is borked when it comes to the spacing for those it seems. That's all I see, though! And I like the Capt. suggestion!

Gah I just want you to submit it already so it can be printed! LOL!
    137 weeks ago
    AAAARG I had some free time at work today but the file I used for this shirt was in Illustrator CS5 and it had many layers. My job isn't quite up to speed with the Adobe software and we are stuck on Illustrator CS4. CS4 of course hates CS5 so it threw away all of my layers lol. Looks like I'm pulling a late night tonight when I get home from the gym.

I'm gonna knock this one out and post late tonight early tomorrow and then I will submit tomorrow afternoon as well as my Back to the Future shirt.

Thanks everyone.
    137 weeks ago
    Ok I'm dead tired.... and can't think it's 3am...

here are 4 options.

Option 1 - A or B
    Photobucket

Option 2 - A or B
    Photobucket

goodnight zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    137 weeks ago
    For me: definitely 2b
    Love how it looks
    137 weeks ago
    I second Walrus. No question.
    137 weeks ago
    SHINNY ! ,
    Dig the Bebop remix, I think (1B) Is my Favorite. the woolongs is a good subtle touch of Bebop, Most will look past it, however, True fans of both will get the connection! just my opinion.(Nicely done). .
    10 mil woolongs? "small-fry" heh
    137 weeks ago
    2B is awesome. Love the design!

Tho I'm hoping no white shirt. Only because it can get dirty so fast.
    137 weeks ago
    I used the light grey in Chuffys mock shirt photoshop file. Don't worry this will not be on white... if I have any say in the final process lol.
    136 weeks ago
    1B for me, I tend to like cleaner/simpler designs...light grey would work well for this.
    136 weeks ago
    Sgelenter said: I used the light grey in Chuffys mock shirt photoshop file. Don't worry this will not be on white... if I have any say in the final process lol.

Our best selling shirt has been our only white tee u_u'
    136 weeks ago
    Please put all your WIPS in one thread.
  • Load More Comments