Let's get it done!

7Comments
    150 weeks ago
    it's certainly a good design, but the execution could use just a BIT of tweaking. Mainly, the buttons on there are off from the allignment of the guitar. It almost looks as if the neck of the guitar has been twisted in the wrong direction. Also where his hand and the guitar are seems to be too muddled.
    150 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: it's certainly a good design, but the execution could use just a BIT of tweaking. Mainly, the buttons on there are off from the allignment of the guitar. It almost looks as if the neck of the guitar has been twisted in the wrong direction. Also where his hand and the guitar are seems to be too muddled.

Jimi Hendrix played guitar with his left hand, therefore the design doesn't need any tweaking.

I sure hope it gets printed, it's incredible.
    150 weeks ago
    yes please! although i do agree with SeckzBobOmb, the buttons dont quite line up right on the neck and the rest of the neck after his hand wouldnt have strings if its guitar hero
    150 weeks ago
    bruceleeroy said:
    SeckzBobOmb said: it's certainly a good design, but the execution could use just a BIT of tweaking. Mainly, the buttons on there are off from the allignment of the guitar. It almost looks as if the neck of the guitar has been twisted in the wrong direction. Also where his hand and the guitar are seems to be too muddled.

Jimi Hendrix played guitar with his left hand, therefore the design doesn't need any tweaking.

It does need tweaking, because the buttons are at the wrong angle for the perspective to look right. It's not that it needs to be flipped, but the buttons need to be redone.

There also shouldn't be strings further down the neck. It doesn't look right, having the buttons and all.

Also; seven colors. It's one too many. Maybe make the shirt color one of the button colors? It's a good design, but it has problems that can't be overlooked.
    150 weeks ago
    Please don't take what I say the wrong way because I know constructive criticism is nothing more than opinion based on experience.

I'm not sure why this art would make a good shirt. It's a good concept that just needs more work.

People come to this site because it offers a chance to own art that will be extremely exclusive. 1 in a couple 1000 will own this shirt and it should be special. I don't speak for everyone but being a fellow artist can make me quite picky. What I like the most is when people use their talents to take a historic figure like Jimi and draw a representation of the person. Instead of thresholding a picture in photoshop which I can do right now for you and blam you have a t-shirt in 5 min. I'd like the shirt to look like it's been cared for. I know it's picky but it's true. However if you can't draw it's completely understandable. A lot of graphic artists forget how to draw... Me being one of them. I just picked up a pencil a couple months ago and haven't drawn a single thing with a pencil since college. So I know how frustrating it is to draw people. If you want to keep the photo real look then maybe find a better image of Jimi or buy a real nice photo of JH and trace over him. There is nothing wrong with tracing as long as you are aware of shadows and midtones. This way the image is visible and all objects are for the most part detectable.

A lot of people are complaining the guitar buttons are off. I see exactly what they see. It's a real guitar turned into a guitar hero guitar. Why not replace the whole guitar itself with an actual guitar hero guitar? It's simple photoshop frankenstein work. I have to frankenstein a lot of my photo real designs. If you are good with layers it should be a piece of cake.

Also I count 6 colors if this is in fact going on a white shirt body.
    150 weeks ago
    JellySnail said:

Also; seven colors. It's one too many. Maybe make the shirt color one of the button colors? It's a good design, but it has problems that can't be overlooked.

Technically if they print it on a white shirt its only 6 colours ;)

But its true, everything else people have mentioned about the perspective of the buttons, the strings on the lower neck and the twisting of the upper neck is spot on.

Plus for this to work as a shirt I'd take the mic and mic stand out completely. Which should take all of 2-3 minutes. It serves no purpose being there.

I know I sound negative and critical but honestly hasn't the guitar hero fad passed? And its not old enough to be considered 'old school' or retro.
    150 weeks ago
    bruceleeroy said:

WTF?! what kind of excuse for a poor execution of a design is that please? what does his left-handedness have to do with the obvious fact that the buttons do not follow the guitars perspective?!

anyway I agree: design a really cool image of Hendrix (this one just doesn't cut it, sorry), give him a "real" guitar hero guitar and you got yourself a great design ... something I'd buy. the idea is great, but right now it's what I'd do as a first scribble to see if an idea is worth pursuing or not. it's a sketch ... of a great idea. no more ... but no less either. so I'd say go for it, design - polish - design more - polish even more = BOUGHT