Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
Hey all, another WIP here. Here's my take on a Pinkerton Detective Badge, namely, Booker's badge. I hope you all like it, as I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I'm still open to suggestions obviously, but I think I got the mood right for the game (I presume)

I'm thinking of adding distress and a bit of age, what do you guys think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PS: The badge number spells out 'Infinite'. Just incase you were wondering.
6Comments
    137 weeks ago
    It looks like you are trying to imitate a Police badge so I would suggest more decoration to avoid looking flat.

Take a look at this company that makes Challenge coins for some inspiration Richmond designs. There are a number of companies on the net that make these, google Challenge Coin and see all the edge decoration styles they do.
    137 weeks ago
    Im excited for bioshock but I don't think this design has much going on, and I'm not saying that simplcity is a bad thing, but I think that having a badge this large and this plain makes the design seem a little lacking.
    I think if it had more to tie it to the bioshock universe than it currently does would make it a bit more appealing. If you could find a way to tie the songbird or something Carolina, I think thats the name of city, into it I would like it more.
    Something design wise, the indent on the left hand side of the bage, from the inside, is a bit bumpy and could use some sharpening up.

Overall I think that this design has a potential to be brilliant.
    137 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I get what you mean about the one dimensional look it has. I've decided to make the colour base as a blue grey, to (hopefully) make it look like real metal. Possibly going to throw some red, white and blue in there too.
    137 weeks ago
    Heres the revision. Despite what I said above, I went for the more realistic option of bronze. What y'all think?

PS: Chuffy, thanks for doing these t-shirt examples. You rock dude!
    137 weeks ago
    Any critique before I submit?
    137 weeks ago
    swap out the gradients with halftones!