Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
I was hoping for some feeback on this, so any advice (color changes, text changes, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For those of you who don't know, this is a reference to a book series by Suzanne Collins called The Hunger Games, FYI.

Photobucket
7Comments
    137 weeks ago
    I think the tattoo style font and banner is overdone, but I like the idea of a Hunger Games shirt.

Let me be stupid for a second and lose fan cred, what are the flowers?
    137 weeks ago
    The flower is the katniss flower.

I agree with you, the Sailor Jerry inspired tattoos are a bit boring, but I felt like doing this design because I felt like this was the type of design a rebel against the capital might get if they were drunk one night and were feeling particularly patriotic towards Katniss and the rebel cause.
    137 weeks ago
    Bregan1989 said: The flower is the katniss flower.

OHMYGOD I just lost SO MUCH fan cred, seriously. I frakking knew that, too.

I understand your thought behind it, but I think if that were the case it would be a little more badass. It's too pretty. I mean, could you imagine Haymitch or Gale with it? Without the flames it's entirely girly.

Maybe if the fire was coming off the Mockingjay's wings or something, I don't know. =/
    137 weeks ago
    Demand dictates supply. Tattoos and banner styles are NOT overdone when people are buying them in their thousands. It's a bit like saying their are too many T-shirt designs based on Dr Who, people will stop making them when people stop buying them.

This design is very much like Ed Hardy's style. However if look at examples of his work, they seldom look as flat. What I feel your design need is some soft gradients. Also, at the moment, I think your text isn't cutting it. It's a little too rough and you could look at examples of Hardy's work (and other Tattoos) to see how they do it.
    137 weeks ago
    Better?
    Photobucket
    137 weeks ago
    Bregan1989 said: Better?
    Photobucket

Much :)

I'd be tempted to do a little something with the flowers eg, the Viola or the Pansy has multicolored centers. Nothing too overpowering, the Bird and Fire should be the center of attention. Unless, of course, this flower is specifically detailed in the book as being flat white.

Perhaps a little more depth to the fire red and the banner could do with maybe a little shading.

Other than that, I think you've nailed the style so closely people might think it was a Hardy original. Good job.

Oh, one last tip for the shirt itself. Green is only available in Mens shirts from Teefury at the moment. Try out the Mock Up Shirt tool I made, to see which shirt would work for Womens shirts OR ideally find a color for both Men and Women that allows you to use a through color.
    110 weeks ago
    The way like the design is now reminds me of certain tattoos and prints of the rockabilly scene- I think you know what I mean? Especially the bird. For my taste it's a little bit to simple, although I'm a fan of the Hunger Games. I would add more fire and flowers for order! :) This would complete the design in my eyes!