Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
What if there was a subscription service? Like you would buy say a 5 tees a month subscription, and all through the month you can pick the tees you like, which gets reserved for your subscription. At the end of each month the teefury peeps put them all in one package and ships it off one shot instead of one by one.

If you don't choose 5 tees in a month, they get randomly filled - it's like a grab bag too :)

At the end of the exercise - cheaper shipping, and Christmas comes every month :)

What does Teefury think about this idea?
11Comments
    150 weeks ago
    I myself probably wouldn't get much out of a service like this... There are lots of shirts I see on this site that I like, but 5 absolute must-buys in one month are fairly rare for me. However, there are plenty of other people who would love something like this!
    150 weeks ago
    That would be like 55 a month. That costs more than my gym membership lol!

I would do it if there was some kind of bulk order discount. For instance the more shirts you subscribe to a month the cheaper the price per shirt would be. Like if you order 5 tees a month the price works out to 7.50 a shirt.
    150 weeks ago
    Maybe a coupon after so many buys - if you buy 5 shirts you get a 25% off your next shirt, 10 shirts gets you a 50% off your next and so on.

Maybe a baker's dozen special - after you buy 12 your 13th is free?
    150 weeks ago
    I think the simplest answer to this question is: TeeFury shirts are only $10. You wouldn't go into a store and buy 5 $20 shirts and expect to get discounts after, and you definitely couldn't "subscribe".
    150 weeks ago
    Actually Amazon allows you to subscribe to a lot of different types of items. It's pretty cool... kind of like subscribing to a magazine without the obligations.
    150 weeks ago
    Sgelenter said: Actually Amazon allows you to subscribe to a lot of different types of items. It's pretty cool... kind of like subscribing to a magazine without the obligations.

Yeah, on batteries, diapers and toilet paper. The advantage of the Amazon subscription system is that it's all things that you need to purchase regularly. It's good business practice to supply people with the things they need, because then they'll get the things they want from you as well. I highly doubt that anyone on TeeFury buys them because they need shirts in the same way.

But you can't even compare Amazon to TeeFury. It's like comparing a chain restaurant to the hot dog cart on the corner. (Love you TeeFury, mean it!)
    150 weeks ago
    Interesting idea. I have to wonder though, if you can't pick 5 tees you want in one month would you really want them just filling in the blanks for you? I doubt it. That's just going to result in people getting tees they don't want (just like with the grab bags) and wasting time and money returning them.

Plus, think about the organization and space that would be required to make an idea like this be efficient. TeeFury is a small outfit.
    150 weeks ago
    $10 is pretty cheap. look through the shirts and see alot that I love, but only a few I could see myself actually wearing. Maybe it is because I'm in Australia and shipping works out at like $27 but I wouldn't buy all the shirts I love. I know a few people here that buy quite a few shirts from teefury and basically determine when the next will arrive based on days between shirts. If it were possible to somehow send more than one days shirt in the same parcel it would be great, but again that makes it fairly complicated and like someone said, teeFury is a small outfit. It would definitely make it easier for international fans because lets be honest, $27 shipping for a $10 shirt (then add in the currency conversion fee) is a little ridiculous... not that we won't pay it, its' just a little sucky :P
    150 weeks ago
    I find the $10 Price tag perfectly fair. Which is why I come here daily to see if I see a design I like, if so, purchased, because the price is always right. :P
    150 weeks ago
    dandt said: $10 is pretty cheap. look through the shirts and see alot that I love, but only a few I could see myself actually wearing. Maybe it is because I'm in Australia and shipping works out at like $27 but I wouldn't buy all the shirts I love. I know a few people here that buy quite a few shirts from teefury and basically determine when the next will arrive based on days between shirts. If it were possible to somehow send more than one days shirt in the same parcel it would be great, but again that makes it fairly complicated and like someone said, teeFury is a small outfit. It would definitely make it easier for international fans because lets be honest, $27 shipping for a $10 shirt (then add in the currency conversion fee) is a little ridiculous... not that we won't pay it, its' just a little sucky :P

$27 for shipping??
    I'm in Australia too and only pay $19 all up including postage....if you are paying for express I'd be interested how much faster they arrive and if its worth paying that large difference.
    150 weeks ago
    I stopped getting grab bags as I was getting stuff I'd never wear. If you're a bit of a tshirt junkie I can see the appeal, but I think it works pretty well as it is. And this is coming from a guy in Scotland, who pays a fair whack in shipping. Still only works out at £11/12 a shirt, which is way cheaper than you'd pay in the high street here.