Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
I would like to have your opinion on this design. I would like to submit it, but i feel like it is missing something. help.

PS This is my first design that i am posting.

43Comments
    137 weeks ago
    Well for one thing, it's hard to tell who the people are based on their silhouettes
    137 weeks ago
    I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!! They're a bit too long they all look a bit streached but other than that AMAZING!!!
    137 weeks ago
    Love Martha, but I hate Rose and Donna...
    137 weeks ago
    You talking about in the show itself J0HN LOCKE? If so I have to say I'm the opposite. Loved Rose, Martha had NO personality, and while Donna actually had a lot of personality, she got annoying, so I liked her but didn't love her. Couldn't stand Martha though, she was just so...useless.
    137 weeks ago
    Would love to see a Companions shirt. The Doctor gets all the love:-)

You're missing punctuation - it should be Doctor's and Don't. And a colon after Rule One.

And maybe a colour besides black? For some reason I see this in hot pink! But that's just me. Maybe a red or possibley white on a dark tee?
    137 weeks ago
    So i should get rid of the silhouettes and try a different way of showing them? I was trying to go with a Charlie's Angels type of design. I do have one version with the punctuation correct in it, but i will try the different colors. I do think it needs more color.
    137 weeks ago
    What if you kept the silhouettes but made each one a different color, like Rose could be pink, Donna orange, and Martha green or something. I like the idea though!
    137 weeks ago
    I don't think you need to lose the silhouettes. I like the idea of colour. Different colours would help differentiate each figure.

136 weeks ago
    ok i made the changes suggested, and have two versions.

two one

What do you guys think? Any help is deeply appreciated.
    136 weeks ago
    Ooh I like the more colorful version definitely! What if you put a black border around each companion just to kind of give them a more bold look?
    136 weeks ago
    The drop shadow will just end up looking like a black outline when printed unless you intend to use halftones due to the screenprinting process
    136 weeks ago
    I can do that, But which color should i make Rose?
    136 weeks ago
    I like the pink myself, somehow I just think of pink as a Rose kind of color :)
    136 weeks ago
    Absolutely pink. It's a much more Rose-type color, but if you went with yellow it would look like you were making Donna and Rose the color of their hair... and Martha's wasn't green.
    136 weeks ago
    ok added the outline

version 2.0
    136 weeks ago
    What if Martha was yellow? I like the concept a lot and like color much more than just black... but not quite sold on how all the colors go together. Or maybe different shades of the same colors you have now. Or maybe its the background color that is throwing it off? Don't know, but its just not quite there for me yet.

Also, does anyone else have trouble reading the font?

LOVE LOVE LOVE this and can't wait to see where you take it! Thanks for sharing!!
    136 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: You talking about in the show itself J0HN LOCKE? If so I have to say I'm the opposite. Loved Rose, Martha had NO personality, and while Donna actually had a lot of personality, she got annoying, so I liked her but didn't love her. Couldn't stand Martha though, she was just so...useless.

Martha was lovely, you watch your mouth.

Rose was a whiny, annoying smurf. She was way too possessive of The Doctor (and treated Micky like ****). Donna was simply annoying, not utterly awful tho, like Rose.
    136 weeks ago
    I like the idea of turning martha yellow just because then they would all be the same kind of color (hot verses cold) and I think that would make it flow better.
    136 weeks ago
    ok so keeping Rose pink, i finally consulted a color wheel to find the most complimentary colors with pink. I changed the background color or a more tardis blue and got this color scheme.

is this it??

so thoughts?
    136 weeks ago
    Rose really stands out now in the new one so maybe Donna and Martha need to be brighter. Like the purple idea for Martha, but Donna is kind of icky haha. I'd suggest a different, brighter purple for Martha to match up with Rose, and is that a yellow for Donna? so a brighter yellow?

Each time you post it looks better and better!
    136 weeks ago
    It is kind of weird to have the other two girls in color and have Donna be gray.
    I have to wonder how this would look without the drop shadow as well, just to see. It might work better on a t-shirt, with thicker outlines perhaps.
    136 weeks ago
    ok i tried to make Donna a brighter yellow, but it looked bad. Could be cause i dont like yellow or cause the colors are too far on the color wheel... I got rid of the shadow and made the outlines thicker per Apoc's suggestion.

... thoughts? I think it looks too much like a girls shirt this way, but i would like your thoughts. Thanks!
    136 weeks ago
    It does look pretty girlie this way which is fine by me, but may knock out half your audience...

Maybe not yellow, but a shade of blue. Instead of thinking color wheel, maybe thinking cool and warm shades could help?
    135 weeks ago
    I agree it is a bit girly.... Try like a gold on martha and maybe an orange on Donna with the pink on rose... something kind of dusty and in the warm color spectrum I think it'll take out some of the girl ish ness.... just a thought! Hope it helps
    135 weeks ago
    ok i got 3, thats right i said THREE versions. the first two are pretty much identical except the shades. The first has brighter girls, but a darker background. The second has darker girl with a lighter background. The third stayed in the warm color spectrum. Thoughts?

version 1
    version 2
    version 3
  • Load More Comments