Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
As August draws to a close I thought I'd dump some of the submissions I've sent over to TeeFury this month, my first month in the wonderfully inspiring world of Daily Tees! These are the designs which I never heard back from, so I'm assuming it's cool to put them here and share those which never made the cut.

34Comments
    138 weeks ago
    There is too much smurfing win in this thread to NOT have at least one in my closet. I freaking LOVE the Halo Everybody one...the Glorious Bastards, Marty Mcfly watch, Walker Power Ranger, Ash Ketchum, Willy Wampa, the Gremlins one, the TOTALLY AMAZING ALIENS SHIRTS...I love those. The Free Hugs is hilarious.

And, of course, one of my favorite designs ever, Spock Pilgrim. So great.

Get these printed NOW TF!
    138 weeks ago
    So surprised to see some of these didn't get printed tbh
    138 weeks ago
    all of these are great O.O i agree with queso. WHY!?!?!?!
    i specifically love the Dr. Nick one :) it made me lol uncontrollably upon seeing it!
    138 weeks ago
    the two Alien designs are funny as f**k, srlsy ... they made me giggle, chuckle and LOL

wish I could see those Class of '85 guys better
    138 weeks ago
    Save Ferris is classic!
    138 weeks ago
    dmacias said: Save Ferris is classic!

That would be an insta-buy for me!!
    138 weeks ago
    Seeing how not even one of these AWESOME designs got printed made me lost my will to submit any more stuff lol. But I suppose specially since it's August they're getting thousands of submissions and it should be pretty hard to pick stuff. Maybe the solution would making a new shirt every 6 hours instead of 24 lol.
    138 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: the two Alien designs are funny as f**k, srlsy ... they made me giggle, chuckle and LOL

I agree on both fronts. "Free Hugs" was hilarious, Bambi alien is awesome and I really want to see who is involved in the Class of '85. All I can see for sure is Marty McFly.
    138 weeks ago
    Hiteryan said: Seeing how not even one of these AWESOME designs got printed made me lost my will to submit any more stuff lol. But I suppose specially since it's August they're getting thousands of submissions and it should be pretty hard to pick stuff. Maybe the solution would making a new shirt every 6 hours instead of 24 lol.

It's not like they are rejected. More like we have submissions in the queue, and Nik has an approved design, and we are waiting for commentary for the side art to proceed.
    138 weeks ago
    Willy Wampa looks cool
    138 weeks ago
    It's great to see some feedback from TF on the selection process, jimiyo, thanks. I'm not an artist but I know a few people have expressed lately that they'd love to be informed of how the selections go and how they can find out if their stuff have been accepted or rejected.

I'm sure you guys are simply inundated with submissions left and right so it might be tough to keep up with it all, though.
    138 weeks ago
    jimiyo said:
    It's not like they are rejected. More like we have submissions in the queue, and Nik has an approved design, and we are waiting for commentary for the side art to proceed.

Yes, I get it lol. Thanks for the insight regarding the proccess. What turned me off was the fact that you are probably getting a huge amount of submissions so there must be a huge queue. But that's just like everything, and I'm happy you have the opportunity to do all this.
    138 weeks ago
    Awesome response guys, thanks so much! I don't really have a problem with the lack of notification regarding designs, I just love doing them and should I hear one will see print it's a bonus (a HUGE bonus of course!). All of these designs were subbed over the past three weeks, so realistically it's early days considering the amount of awesome designs coming through the gates from fellow designers. As Jimiyo said, I have a design which is going to be printed at some point (not one of the designs posted here, I want it to be a surprise) and after speaking to several other printed artists here 1 out of 30 designs is an acceptable rate of success, so I figured there was no harm sharing these here. There are other submissions I've made which aren't posted up there, so I'm thinking if I'm sending this many in there's probably a huuuuuuuuuuuge backlog over at TeeFury HQ. I'm just glad to be part of things. Another reason for this image dump was that things move so fast here you never know when a design you've been sitting on will suddenlyrear it's head from the stable of another artist, and I live in constant fear of being accused of plagiarism just because someone else had a similarly skewed exposure to pop culture.
    138 weeks ago
    I want that Horton hears a Who shirt SO MUCH.
    138 weeks ago
    Wow! What a great collection!

Glorious Bastards is my absolute fav out of the bunch, but should the title be Glorious Basterds? I'm assuming you're riffing from the Quentin Tarantino movie, and not the original "Inglorius Bastards" film from the 70's.

138 weeks ago
    Ha, it deliberately reads 'Bastard' as they literally are bastards in the biblical sense, and without fathers. Except obviously they're not. The minute I finished the design I realised I'd got 'bastards' confused with 'orphans'. DOH! By this point however I figured "what the heck" and ran with it. Other members of the GB are Batman, Rusty Venture and Conan. Actually this design shouldn't even be there, as that's not one i submitted to TeeFury.
    138 weeks ago
    Holy poops I want the Horton and Sirius ones!!!!!! The Sirius one has potential to be a super hotcake or whatever the bajillion pancakes one is ;D
    138 weeks ago
    Walker Power Ranger is smurfing hysterical. I don't think I would wear it... ever... but that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. These are all really good designs, however few of them speak to my taste in pop culture. But I'd probably buy Spock Pilgrim and Glorious Bastards (if it had Rusty Venture on it... I can't tell who actually appears on the design due to how small it is, but since you mentioned "other members" I figured you meant other than those pictured.). Personally, I'd love to see more Venture Bros. tees in general, so if you have a penchant for that sort of thing, please indulge it fanatically. If you do (and I guess more importantly, if the curators at TF do,) I will worship at your $10 tee-shirt temple long time.
    138 weeks ago
    wish you enlarged them as I can't really make some of them out...

anyways the Halo Everybody is hilarious and needs to be printed!!!!
    138 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said:

ClassOf85.jpg
    135 weeks ago
    I would buy the Scoobie Tee! And I haven't bought a tee in a really long time!
    135 weeks ago
    Save Ferris FTW! Just awesome!
    135 weeks ago
    omg, I would buy the Spock Pilgrim, Horton Hears a Who, Why so Sirius, and Scooby Gang shirts in a HEARTBEAT.
    134 weeks ago
    Dang that's a collection to be proud of. What's the time period of all these designs? Is this just recent works.
    131 weeks ago
    Oh man I really want that Alien Bambi! XD
  • Load More Comments