Back to forum
image
rss 137 weeks ago
This is an old design i posted here as a WIP about a month or so ago. These are the designs i came up with thus far. Most of the changes are taken from dakin_costello comments(Thanks for the suggestions!! i think they made it more fitting for a shirt design) and using Chuffy's shirt mock up tools(THANK YOU SO MUCH! love the tool!)

Here is the link to the old post.

http://www.teefury.com/forum/6073/Rejected_Portal_2_design_critique_please__D/

and here are the re-worked designs. (Please Click to enlarge, It'll link you to Deviantart, idk why the link makes the embed all small)

This is one with the names(I'm not sure which looks better, the side names or the ones in stencil right under the character.)


The Battle of Paradoxes V2 by ~Onimar on deviantART

And this one, without the names.


The Battle of Paradoxes V3 by ~Onimar on deviantART


Please comment and critique if these are sub worthy or not and why, Thanks very much :)
24Comments
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    I like V3 best, it looks quite messy with the names on it, and I think they're unnecessary as well, since the shirt is pretty obvious by itself. Apart from that, I think it's a great shirt, and the only thing that turns me a bit off is it being white. But I suppose the only thing that would go well with this is grey, and the Portal shirt I just bought myself is grey lol.

    And maybe try making "THE PARADOX" all horizontal, instead of the "THE" being horizontal. And make those letters default sized, instead of stretching them.

    Then, if I got some money, I'd buy this right away if I hadn't my Portal shirt already. Since I do, if I got some money (because I really am completely broke), I would definitely sleep on this, because I like it.
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    In my last comment I meant 'instead of the "THE" being vertical'.
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    it's nice, but if possible add up some pardox quotes :p
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    I've never played Portal, so feel free to completely ignore this if I'm missing important references.

    The first thing I thought when I read "Disher" and "Taker" was something along the lines of "they sound like awkward robot lovers." Maybe if you replaced those with their names?

    Also, what Hiteryan said about horizontal letters.
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: The first thing I thought when I read "Disher" and "Taker" was something along the lines of "they sound like awkward robot lovers."

    Haha, me too. :D

    Glad you like the mock up tool. I'm afraid I've not gotten around to playing Portal 2 yet (Too busy designing tees or playing betas), so I'm not understanding the references fully. The black outline style looks good though. Nice sharp illustrations. :)
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    Thanks everyone :) and Chuffy! cant tell you enough how much i love the tool!

    @hiteryan
    i like the idea but do you mean making "paradox" vertical like "the" or like this?
    T
    H
    E

    P
    A
    R
    A
    D
    O
    X

    Chuffy said:
    Petrichor said: The first thing I thought when I read "Disher" and "Taker" was something along the lines of "they sound like awkward robot lovers."


    Haha, me too. :D


    Glad you like the mock up tool. I'm afraid I've not gotten around to playing Portal 2 yet (Too busy designing tees or playing betas), so I'm not understanding the references fully. The black outline style looks good though. Nice sharp illustrations. :)


    @Chuffy; you should really save some time for Portal 2! its a great adventure back inside Aperture Labs and a much funnier character in Wheatley.
  • image
    137 weeks ago
    God I love this design SO much!!!! I'm like Hiteryan in that I'm not a fan of the white shirt but I would live with it for this design! It's excellently done and a clever reference :) I think I like it better without the names, just because the reference is clear enough they're not necessary. Other than that, I'm ready to pick this baby up!
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    chirmer said: God I love this design SO much!!!! I'm like Hiteryan in that I'm not a fan of the white shirt but I would live with it for this design! It's excellently done and a clever reference :) I think I like it better without the names, just because the reference is clear enough they're not necessary. Other than that, I'm ready to pick this baby up!


    thanks! yes the white shirt is really a no haha im picking through different colors but most likely gonna be in a grey shirt. and yeah more people seem to be for the no names design i think i'll go with that one :) tell me any color suggestions and i'll definitely try it out!
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    I love this design, I think it looks amazing. I think my favourite thing is how the orange and blue looks like the bounce gel and speed gel from the game have been splashed onto the design. As for colours, for me it would have to be grey or white. Grey because it'd look cool, and white because it'd look cool but could also be the gel made from powdered moon rocks.

    I also think the design looks better without the names. It makes it look less crowded. (Just so you know, I would buy this shirt as it is now, it's fantastic)
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    acegamer6 said: I love this design, I think it looks amazing. I think my favourite thing is how the orange and blue looks like the bounce gel and speed gel from the game have been splashed onto the design. As for colours, for me it would have to be grey or white. Grey because it'd look cool, and white because it'd look cool but could also be the gel made from powdered moon rocks.


    I also think the design looks better without the names. It makes it look less crowded. (Just so you know, I would buy this shirt as it is now, it's fantastic)


    thanks! and yes the propulsion and repulsion gels are the inspiration for the paint splatters :D and definitely gonna stick with the no names and grey most likely will be the color ima use for background. thanks for the input!
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    Here's the design in 2 kinds of grey, and i am not liking either one :(

    the dark grey makes the blue stuff almost invisible, and the light grey makes the yellow orange stuff do the same thing.

    click link if it doesnt embed. sorry.


    The Battle of ParadoxesV3 grey by ~Onimar on deviantART

  • image
    136 weeks ago
    I still can't take it seriously with "disher" and "taker"

    Other than that, it looks pretty good.
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: I still can't take it seriously with "disher" and "taker"


    Other than that, it looks pretty good.


    lol i know but i cant find a better way to put it haha
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    why not swap out "Disher" and "Taker" for their names?
  • image
    136 weeks ago
    If I had to pick one of those two greys, I'd pick the darker grey. Is there any kind of in between colour that could work?
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    I'd love V3 on a gray shirt, but I agree with dakin_costello, replace Disher and Taker with their names.
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: I'd love V3 on a gray shirt, but I agree with dakin_costello, replace Disher and Taker with their names.


    yeah im working on that :D my only concern is that putting their names may actually be against copyright law or something. idk.
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    Yeah I see your point. Might need to come up with a new concept then. I love your style here, but the current theme, not a huge fan of. I assume it's a rap battle which I could care less about. Which is a shame because the art actually is quite good.

    Just not sure this concept really works for Portal. Although GLaDOS does have a nice little singing voice. Perhaps an American Idol parody? Aperture Idol. The judges were killed by deadly neurotoxin.
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: Yeah I see your point. Might need to come up with a new concept then. I love your style here, but the current theme, not a huge fan of. I assume it's a rap battle which I could care less about. Which is a shame because the art actually is quite good.


    Just not sure this concept really works for Portal. Although GLaDOS does have a nice little singing voice. Perhaps an American Idol parody? Aperture Idol. The judges were killed by deadly neurotoxin.


    it was suppose to be like a MMA match banner but im thinking that it didnt translate well
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    I got the fight idea. Mostly because of the VS on the blue/orange splash. I really do like this shirt and think the concept is great, but maybe changing the Disher and Taker words would help it translate better. I understand that using GLaDOS might be breaking copyright law so perhaps we can help you come up with something.
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    Maybe Potato vs Moron? I'd prefer the names there but I understand too that it could be a copyright issue. The design is great though!
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    MegSRP said: Maybe Potato vs Moron? I'd prefer the names there but I understand too that it could be a copyright issue. The design is great though!


    haha thanks! and i lol'd when i read the teefury notification and saw ur "Potato vs Moron" comment! Thanks! i'll implement that as soon as i can!
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    Onimar said:

    haha thanks! and i lol'd when i read the teefury notification and saw ur "Potato vs Moron" comment! Thanks! i'll implement that as soon as i can!

    Glad I could help! Can't wait to see it and I hope it gets printed!
  • image
    130 weeks ago
    This is an absolutely excellent idea. I can't wait to see the design :D


Back to Top