Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago
I have a thought,
I'm an international buy'r, I'm glad teefury offers worldwide shipping, and I surely buy allot here.
The thing is I find it a little disturbing to pay a value equally to the shirt's price on shipping. of curse it's not teefury's fault, and I know these are the prices.
Now, the solution for me is usually to combine shipping on things I buy, but since it's a daily product site, you can only combine shipping on the same shirt, which isn't relevant for most of us(i think..) . So I thought maybe, it will be possible to add an option, to put a shirt on a hold for a few days, making it possible to combine shipping on different tee's. I know teefury isn't a warehouse, so clearly it might not be possible even if TeeFury wished to do that.
But if it is possible, even for a couple of days option, it might be valued for both sides, since, personally It will be a major factor for me, knowing that I can get a shirt for allot cheaper for a limited time that teefury can offer a combine shipping, and I don't know, but maybe it will reduce man power work, and will help clean the earth from plastic bags :P
So let me know, what do you think..
7Comments
    137 weeks ago
    20 dollars for a shirt is still really cheap, I don't have a problem with paying that much.
    137 weeks ago
    it's not allot, and ofcourse it wouldn't break your wallet(but I'm sure for some people, 5$ can make a diffrence. and again, personally, I keep buying shirts from this site, but still it adds up. I bought like 4 shirts this month, and passed some because it feels kinda bad to buy shirts in a row, knowing i would be able to combine shipping, i'll defiantly would act differently. .. if it's possible to make things better so why not? just asking, if it's a trouble, then i'll let it pass. it's not a complain just a suggestion.
    137 weeks ago
    I agree scidan...when you talk about buying say 5 shirts a month international buyers are paying $100 instead of the $50 US buyers pay.

While I also agree $20 for a shirt isn't bad at all (and is cheaper still than nearly every store), an option to delay shipping until you've reached a certain amount of shirts would be great and would save a bunch of money.

I think the major factor stopping them doing this is the enormity of the task. It would add a lot of extra workload to the staff with having to sort, monitor and organise the many hundreds (if not thousands) of users held orders....I can see why they would be daunted by such a task.
    137 weeks ago
    yeah I understand it might not be possible, due to logistic.
    all deapands on how things works out from the minute we've ordered.. but there is some positives, making it possible for internationals getting shirts at a lower cost might boost up selling on this category. and I have doubts if we are actually talking about hundreds or thousands, since I'm talking about a few days, anything from a day to a week, even a day could help in some cases, and of course not sure how many international buyers are there, and how many of them will actually use that option. it can be said like if you choose to delay, your order will be delayed as well, or maybe charge a dollar more in case you will ask to keep it on hold, and don't use the opportunity later. making it lucrative only for a few willing to take the risk.
    I know something like that means some changes, which usually doesn't happen, but I hope they can at least consider it :)
    137 weeks ago
    would be nice if possible. Good suggestion. I know I would buy more
    137 weeks ago
    codenamerocky said: I think the major factor stopping them doing this is the enormity of the task. It would add a lot of extra workload to the staff with having to sort, monitor and organise the many hundreds (if not thousands) of users held orders....I can see why they would be daunted by such a task.

Codenamerocky is correct- unfortunately, doing this would actually raise prices because we'd need increased warehouse space, more employees and a new inventory system to keep up with it. Also, since shipping is based on package weight, it would be very difficult to anticipate those costs accurately when the package contents were bought one by one and saved.

It's a neat suggestion, though- we're always looking for ways to keep our tees as affordable as possible :)
    137 weeks ago
    The biggest argument I could imagine against this is that shirts are printed at different speeds. I've had some shirts which were shipped within three or four days, and others which have taken much longer. If you ordered one shirt that would ship tomorrow and another that wouldn't be available to ship for another 5 or 6 days, then your first shirt would just have to sit around somewhere waiting to be packaged with the second. It could end up being a problem.

That's not to say that I don't think you have a valid point, I just don't think it's as easy to do as it sounds like it might be.