Back to forum
rss 136 weeks ago
I figure, most everyone who has read the Sword of Truth series has made it through Confessor by now, but if you haven't, this may spoil it a tiny bit. Better safe than sorry!

Scroll down to view!

Photobucket
12Comments
    136 weeks ago
    OMG YOU SPOILED IT FOR MEEEEE.

(actually, this design alone kind of makes me want to read it, it's awesome)

also, inb4 "another banner?!
    136 weeks ago
    lol, if this design doesn't justify a banner, idk what does! besides, banners have been a design tool for centuries, they aren't going away any time soon ;) MOAR BANNERS!
    136 weeks ago
    Banners and Crests look good on T-shirts.

I'm not familiar with the referenced subject but the composition and style is excellent. Is the red maybe a bit dark? Or is that required for the reference?
    136 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: Banners and Crests look good on T-shirts.

I'm not familiar with the referenced subject but the composition and style is excellent. Is the red maybe a bit dark? Or is that required for the reference?

not necessarily, but the darker red does fit the tone of the events in the book better.

understandably, not many people will get the reference but I think those that DO will enjoy it :)
    136 weeks ago
    submitted. i just hope people still read books O_O
    136 weeks ago
    I've only just started the series but my brother is in love with it and this would make a great gift for him I hope they print it
    136 weeks ago
    awesome! well, if you have just started, I doubt this shirt has spoiled anything for you. by the time you get to confessor, this design will probably be a distant memory ;)
    136 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said:
    Chuffy said: Banners and Crests look good on T-shirts.

not necessarily, but the darker red does fit the tone of the events in the book better.

understandably, not many people will get the reference but I think those that DO will enjoy it :)

!!!!SPOILER!!!

YES! I very much enjoyed this book and this design. I finished this (it seems like) a while ago. Wasnt the paint that he used on their faces red? And even though it was the commander's team, almost all of the common soldiers thought of it as "ruben's team"....
    136 weeks ago
    yes, the paint on their face was red, hence "Commander Karg's Reds". Richard's face is in silhouette in the image, thus the black, with red paint. Since the symbols he painted are never fully discussed I used the only one I knew for sure, the Con Dar. Besides, it's the most iconic and relevant to the story anyway.

as for being "Ruben's Team"... there is no WAY Karg would have branded his team in any other way than having his name on it and ONLY his name on it ;)
    103 weeks ago
    OMGosh I love it, the moment I saw you would make the ruler of the world Richard I had to go and look at your profile. I remember the games and wanted to say that FRIKIN LOVE IT. That is all, thank you.
    103 weeks ago
    To be clear, this is a good reference right? I haven't read the books(sword of truth by terry goodkind right?) but i have seen the show.

I know for a fact that the movies/shows are never as good as the books, i just haven't gotten around to reading the series. Is this a reference to something not highlighted in the show? and how highly does everyone recommend reading this series?

103 weeks ago
    jpsenior said: To be clear, this is a good reference right? I haven't read the books(sword of truth by terry goodkind right?) but i have seen the show.

I know for a fact that the movies/shows are never as good as the books, i just haven't gotten around to reading the series. Is this a reference to something not highlighted in the show? and how highly does everyone recommend reading this series?

this series is awesome and the show portrayed it just about as well as the Movie Eragon portrayed the book. Translation, it sucked, I have read the books many times and I would watch a random ep and I had no idea what was going on. The books are so much better. The story starts as your basic, person discovers he isn't what he thought he was, and then kicks it up a notch, I loved the series and can easily go through all the books in a matter of weeks.