Back to forum
rss 151 weeks ago
The True Blood season finale isn't far away, and since it's one of my favorite shows I thought I'd try and make something for the occasion.

As this is of general interest for fans of the show, Sgelenter is also working on a design, so I'll just leave it (HERE).

trudraft1

I know this still looks a bit bland but it's what I've come up with so far, and it's 3AM so I'll just leave this here for feedback and call it a day. I definitely need to make some changes to those fonts. As for the concept, what do you think of this? And what do you think I could change?

Thanks in advance! And if you'd like, check out my previous design by clicking (HERE).
5Comments
    150 weeks ago
    I'm going to get back to work on this design and could use some feedback, if anyone likes the concept obviously :( because it will probably be subject to heavy modifications. Any ideas?
    150 weeks ago
    Unfortunately a real product appears to exist http://trubeverage.com/
    150 weeks ago
    Yes, a real product exists. Just as in the series, it emulates the Tru Blood, which is a japanese synthesized blood for vampires. What I'm doing with this design is emulating a beer logo (a real one actually, though it is not very accurate so might not be easy to guess which) for TRV BLOOD, which would be an actual can of real blood. Thus the mention of it being 100% pure non synthetic human blood.

So this would be a play on that. But something only fans of the show would get and go for lol.
    150 weeks ago
    Thank you for the shout out in your post. That was very kind. I currently have 2 more True Blood ideas in the pencil stages. Also I submitted my Got Blood design already so let's cross our fingers and hope some True Blood fans... (I know 1000s myself) get their Tees!

I have some comments to help you separate this from the original product.

Let's Start by calling our brand Tru Blood Light. That could be a nice way of directly stealing the brand but making a new one that people can associate with a beer label.

Now for the design itself I would do the following.

Take the Red half tone you currently have and delete it. Turn the Yellow half tone into a red and leave it as is. This way you have one clear and crisp half tone in red.

Eliminate the grey background color and leave it shirt color or black. Why put an extra screen of color in when it's not needed.

"Real Non-Synthetic Blood" is barely legible. I feer it could print muddy so I would give it a black drop shadow or outline to separate it from the half tone.

100% Pure and Harvested in Bon Temps should probably get their own solid thin oval stripe to sit on. They are spaced awkwardly due to the half tone.

Now the real test will be the fonts. I think you should look at this reference I pulled for you as far as labels go. You will notice each label as a very clear hierarchy as far as what is the most important words. Right now your art reads "O Negative, Trv BLood, Finest Quality." You want Trv Blood to be first and foremost since it is the brand.

Also play with the fonts a little. Make them stand apart from each other. If you want you should try and mimic anyone of these fonts from the reference I pulled. Here are some images for your consideration:

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

I hope this helps you even a little. I put a lot of thought into it and I want you to succeed buddy. I know this can be an awesome buy for True, True Blood fans. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished work.
    150 weeks ago
    The grey color is already to be removed, thus turned to black, in the final design. And I will heavily work on the fonts and make changes to the whole logo.

Thank you for the extensive feedback and the time you took to write and gather all those reference logos, much appreciated. This is only my second design ever and I have bare days of experience. Most of your ideas I already had in mind. Guess I just needed some kind of minimal feedback or confirmation from any True Blood fans out here. But I suppose they don't lurk around much lol. I myself know alot of them.

I like your design too and I hope it gets approved, or at least any of these. I think TF hadn't had any True Blood designs so this would be a good time I suppose. Best of luck!