Back to forum
rss 151 weeks ago
Just got done with this one. I can't submit it here because it has too many colors. I thought I'd share anyway.

15Comments
    151 weeks ago
    HA YES! Make this a frakking POSTER!
    151 weeks ago
    I have it available as a poster and a shirt on my " Shirts Currently for Sale" site (check my bio). They don't have the number of colors limit like here.
    151 weeks ago
    yes, just found it :)
    151 weeks ago
    smuuuuuurf, that's pretty awesome. There aren't that many colors though, no? At least after a quick look it seems like it wouldn't be very hard to make the colors just 6. But maybe that's just me. Congrats on the awesome design, I'm not a Who fan, but I reckon how good it is and I always love seeing Hitler on a shirt lol.
    151 weeks ago
    I just watched the new episode, and YES! Rory punches Hitler! And that image of him punching hitler on here looks EXACTLY like this: http://fanboyz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/captain_america_poster.jpg but maybe that was intentional?
    151 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: I just watched the new episode, and YES! Rory punches Hitler! And that image of him punching hitler on here looks EXACTLY like this: http://fanboyz.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/captain_america_poster.jpg but maybe that was intentional?

It was entirely intentional. But this image was based on this:
    captainamerica1.jpg
    151 weeks ago
    I think you did a great job with it!
    151 weeks ago
    it's too bad your design doesn't make requirements on teefury. if you submitted it, I would have bought it instantly
    151 weeks ago
    sheepbiter said: it's too bad your design doesn't make requirements on teefury. if you submitted it, I would have bought it instantly

I think I've managed to get it down to the right number of colors. I'll probably submit tomorrow. However, I'm getting a little discouraged here. I've submitted somewhere between 10-15 designs, NADA. I don't know what you got to do to get picked here.

You can see some of the designs I've submitted in my profile.
    151 weeks ago
    elfwitch said: I'll probably submit tomorrow. However, I'm getting a little discouraged here. I've submitted somewhere between 10-15 designs, NADA. I don't know what you got to do to get picked here.

A little bird told me, possibly Teevil ;), that acceptances are taking a little longer than usual. Around about a week longer at the moment. Of course, I'm not a member of Teefury staff so this cannot be taken as gospel. I'm sorry this is a little vague. The Teevil is capricious and carries a pitchfork.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't. Nice Art btw.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag#Specification for the correct layout of the flag behind your title or you may anger the Vexillologists.
    151 weeks ago
    A little bird told me, possibly Teevil ;), that acceptances are taking a little longer than usual. Around about a week longer at the moment. Of course, I'm not a member of Teefury staff so this cannot be taken as gospel. I'm sorry this is a little vague. The Teevil is capricious and carries a pitchfork.

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't. Nice Art btw.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag#Specification for the correct layout of the flag behind your title or you may anger the Vexillologists.

I appreciate the tip, but I'm still quite discouraged. I submitted some of my first designs in late July. I've been sending about 3 or 4 a week since then.

On the flag, I know it wasn't 100% accurate. The way I think of it is the "comic" was created by Americans who heard about the story and decided to create a book based on it. It would stand to reason that a bunch of "bloody Americans" wouldn't get the flag exactly right. You know how we are. ;)
    151 weeks ago
    don't feel discouraged, elfwitch

they way I see it, you're going somewhere. I admit, I'm not a huge fan of your designs that depict 2 or 3 figures just standing there in a very specific pose. they all look too much alike. BUT seeing what you're capable of, art-wise, plus the designs you made that look different will lead to a print some day. don't forget: teefury receives dozens of shirt designs every single day, amongst them there's always bound to be works by artists like ZeroBriant, Matt Dearden, Cpt. Ribman or WinterArtwork. and also don't forget: there's at least 5 other sites you can submit your art to ... so ... try, fail, try harder, fail better, try again & get your shirt printed!
    151 weeks ago
    This design is so amazing! I love Rory, and I'm excited to see him featured :). I seriously hope this gets printed!
    151 weeks ago
    elfwitch said:
    I appreciate the tip, but I'm still quite discouraged. I submitted some of my first designs in late July. I've been sending about 3 or 4 a week since then.

On the flag, I know it wasn't 100% accurate.

I was pretty lucky with my submissions. My 3rd submission got picked. Since then I have a whole lot of designs sitting in limbo and some will not make the cut.

Hang in there and keep trying. Even the WinterArtworks and Captain Ribmans of this world get work declined. With your drawing ability, it's not a case of if one of your pieces of work gets accepted, but when. And if it doesn't get picked here there are other places to submit, check teemagnet.com - a daily list of what Teefury and others are printing.

No disrespect to the other pieces of work you've posted on the Teefury forums, but I feel this is your best piece so far. In my opinion it's well worth the effort to get the colors down and submit. If Teefury passes, someone else will surely pick it up. They'd be mad not to.

On the flag thing, the colors are fine (it looks like a nice vintage red & blue), it's the red diagonals. They can be a pain to get right, even with that guide I linked. It's your design, your call. But I do hope you use some halftoning, nothing says traditional comic book quite like it.
    149 weeks ago
    I LOVE this. Maybe change the date from March to September, since that is when the Hitler episode came out.