Back to forum
rss 151 weeks ago
Hey guys, I often see the staff referring designers to the Gallery to see what colors are available for shirts. I took a few minutes to create a palette for those who are interested.

NOTE: These are visual approximations! They are not exact values but are close enough to serve your design purposes. If I missed any, please feel free to post it or link me to it and I can add it.

Photobucket

22Comments
    151 weeks ago
    That's handy, thank you!
    151 weeks ago
    This is pretty handy and definitely something that's missing out on the site. Thanks.
    151 weeks ago
    There's a mens brown I've seen once in months
    http://www.teefury.com/archive/1098/It_s_a_Trap/

One of the Yellows is missing
    http://www.teefury.com/archive/1286/Money_Swim/

Also the dreaded Cream
    http://www.teefury.com/archive/1324/Winchester_Bros_Racing/
    151 weeks ago
    PS I was already working on a layered template with all the colors on it. Odd that you should have posted this on the same day.

Great minds (or small Tee design obsessed ones) think alike. ;)
    151 weeks ago
    hahaha awesome, post it chuffy! i know i left the light yellow (money swim) out cuz it's a guuuuurlz color :P I guess we should try and round up those and separate them into a different chart as well huh?
    151 weeks ago
    woah how did this turn into free labor for teefury?! lol suddenly involved in a project >_
    151 weeks ago
    Thank you very much Dakin. I have been pulling colors from the gallery and it could get annoying after a while without a standard of chips on your Illustrator art board!
    151 weeks ago
    If you're going to have guys-only colours in the chart I don't see why you shouldn't have girls-only ones too. :p

For the record, steel blue and green are definitely guys only - not sure about the bright yellow?
    151 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: hahaha awesome, post it chuffy! i know i left the light yellow (money swim) out cuz it's a guuuuurlz color :P I guess we should try and round up those and separate them into a different chart as well huh?

I'll post it when it's completed. Gimme a few hours, things doing :)
    151 weeks ago
    Even though these are approximations the black and white look spot on. Bravo. :X Glad I could bring something useful.
    151 weeks ago
    thanks Skorp! i put a lot of time into those, so it means a lot to me lmao
    151 weeks ago
    Not sure if this will display/animate correctly, if not click the link below. If it freezes, waggle your mouse pointer.
    stare.gif
    Image Link
    Stare at it for about 20 seconds then look off screen. The effect is increased if you stare longer. Remain seated whilst doing so. I am not responsible for any... no scratch that... I am not responsible. When they start making T-shirt inks that can do this I'm gonna program them with the hyponotic suggestion BUY MY SHIRTS.
    151 weeks ago
    Whoa crazy! :D I totally want a shirt that can do that. And believe it or not, staring at that thing cured my headache for the moment lol.

And what about this brown? http://www.teefury.com/archive/1245/Serenity_Browncoats/
    151 weeks ago
    I've found a number of additional colors while confirming what is available in unisex and what is limited to guys or girls. I'm still working on the layered template, due to finding the extra colors. I've checked 2 years worth of gallery pics. :|

Dakin, check your inbox I sent you the 17 color version. Adding the other colors now.
    151 weeks ago
    The most recent colors in the gallery are the most accurate way to see what we have access to.

If a color doesn't show up often, it means that either it is a difficult color for us to get in stock from our suppliers or that it is an unpopular color with customers. Additionally, some colors are only available for one gender, while others may be discontinued by the manufacturer.

Generally it's best not to stress about the shirt color :) Our art director is pretty awesome at figuring out what will work best, both in terms of art and sales.
    151 weeks ago
    MJ said: The most recent colors in the gallery are the most accurate way to see what we have access to.

Or you could check out the totally awesome color chart I created here http://www.teefury.com/forum/6403/Mock_Up_Shirt___Color_Chart/
    151 weeks ago
    Here's one using the actual swatches, although some of the colors are now obsolete, and the size approximation no longer valid.

colorchart.jpg
    151 weeks ago
    jimiyo said: Here's one using the actual swatches, although some of the colors are now obsolete, and the size approximation no longer valid.

colorchart.jpg

I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it was Jimiyo with a torch and more work to do. ;)

I'll update Mock Up Shirt this week.Got errands to run today though.
    151 weeks ago
    awesome! between what we have and what Jimiyo and MJ have provided, this should prove to be a valuable resource for designers! obviously TF has the final say in shirt color, but it's soooo nice to be able to take shirt/through color into account when developing a design. YAY!
    151 weeks ago
    I love the exchange and interaction that happens in this community.
    151 weeks ago
    dudley53 said: I love the exchange and interaction that happens in this community.

Yes, it's cool. Dakin lent me a cup of sugar last friday and I helped MJ put up a shelf at the weekend. However, Jimiyo borrowed my lawnmower 3 weeks ago and still hasn't returned it. I suspect he sold it at the pawn shop for iTunes credits; his Polka addiction is getting out of hand.
    151 weeks ago
    Neat! Thanks, this is going to help me tons :)