Back to forum
rss 137 weeks ago

Just submitted my first teefury design! This one's for the Dexter fans out there.

Love to hear some feedback.

Cheers!

21Comments
    137 weeks ago
    The artwork is well done that's for sure. I don't watch the show but I feel like there's a much more clever name for the company. Jmo
    137 weeks ago
    I'd suggest calling the company 'Morgan's'. Sounds more company-ish than 'Dexter'. But I love the idea.
    137 weeks ago
    it's a nicely executed design and i would probably buy it but it feels like something is missing and i can't quite place what....
    137 weeks ago
    I would maybe add some other show references, like a blood slide, or a knife. Also, I would make the blood splats around the box dark red instead of white, it kinda suggests it is something other than blood....haha.
    137 weeks ago
    spacemonkeydr said: I would maybe add some other show references, like a blood slide, or a knife. Also, I would make the blood splats around the box dark red instead of white, it kinda suggests it is something other than blood....haha.

hey everyone now and then spills some milk...next time use Dexter's wrap and make those spills a thing of the past!

XD
    137 weeks ago
    spacemonkeydr said: I would maybe add some other show references, like a blood slide, or a knife. Also, I would make the blood splats around the box dark red instead of white, it kinda suggests it is something other than blood....haha.

Haha. Appreciate the feedback guys! I'll play with the branding and give the splats some more attention (good call @spacemonkeydr)
    137 weeks ago
    New Splatter treatment:
    dexter2.png
    Still thinking through different word play. Open to suggestions. Thanks!
    137 weeks ago
    Not a big fan of Dexter but I'd be in for that. Maybe try changing to "Dexter's"? Dunno if it might be more fitting. Other than that, excellent work.
    137 weeks ago
    Haha this is awesome.. Love dexter and this art is pure win.
    137 weeks ago
    Ace!
    I like the 2nd version better then the first. Might be nice to see a bit more of his face.
    137 weeks ago
    I agree...

"Morgan's" is better than "Dexter".

How about "Just Slice Off What You Need" as a tag line? - just a suggestion.

If you print it, they will buy...
    136 weeks ago
    The people have spoken...

I changed "Dexter" to "Morgan's" and got rid of "Plastic Wrap" in favor of "Kling Wrap" ('Kling' is the closest approximation to 'killing' without explicitly saying it). The subtitle reads "Clear Kill Wrap | Envoltura de Matar Transparente." I might need a little help with the Spanish subtitle, not sure if it translates :)

Please let me know if you have any final thoughts, but I think this is submission ready.

Thanks Guys!!

Dexter4.png
    136 weeks ago
    I am a fan of the changes. Morgan's reads better and sounds more like a company. The white to red splatter changes and gives it more of the feel that he is in the act of killing and not in the act of... well you know. I am late to the Dexter scene and am only a season and a half in.(thanks netflix for taking it off while I was watching) so I don't own a Dexter shirt. I would totally buy this.
    136 weeks ago
    My brother is exactly right. All the changes make it top notch. Make that 2 sales!
    136 weeks ago
    I love Dexter and this design is pure awesome. Teefury would be fools not to accept this art. Great job!
    136 weeks ago
    It looks awesome! I love the red splatter
    134 weeks ago
    Love it!
    134 weeks ago
    I get Kling is to make it seem more like killing, but I would not buy a shirt that looks as though a word is spelled wrong.

I'd say go with cling and you still have the verbal sound of killing.
    134 weeks ago
    I like the earlier design better than the later one. :(
    134 weeks ago
    Yeah, the "Kling" makes me think of Klingon. :-\ I like the second design better than the third one.
    134 weeks ago
    Dexter looks better on the packaging it's not as cramped on the red flag as Morgan's appears to be.

Plastic wrap works better as a generic name for Glad's product.

The end with the eye is kind of congested. Perhaps moving the eye up away from the splatter? I think the contrasting red next to one another (in the original) help a lot.