Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
This is my first submission to Teefury, a small project that I thought would be pretty fun to do. I was wondering what others might think about it. Any suggestions to make it better.

Doctor Who - Zelda Logo

I've already submitted it but any additional suggestions to make it better would be great, as I plan to re-submit it now that the fonts are a little more accurate. Thanks
9Comments
    138 weeks ago
    what software are you using to create this? there seems to be a lot of aliasing
    138 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: what software are you using to create this? there seems to be a lot of aliasing

I'm using GIMP. I was kind of confused with the 6 color limit on the submission, so I thought anti-aliasing needed to be turned off. Doesn't it interpolate between colors? Would that add to the color limit? Sorry not only am I new to Teefury, but I'm also new to (graphic) art in general...
    138 weeks ago
    Update: I get it now. I did this using GIMP, which is a raster graphics based (I think that's what it's called), but I made it in 640x800, so there wasn't much room for detail. That's why there is the aliasing. I'm either going to create start with a larger canvas or look into vector graphics.

It'd still be great some opinions on the actual design though.
    138 weeks ago
    oh ok that makes sense! yeah you want a nice big (whatever your print size in inches x inches) at 300 dpi. watching Dexter right now but i'll get back to you in a bit with design critiques!
    138 weeks ago
    I love this idea. :D I would love to see a full on 16-bit version of this in a print with the time vortex in the background. I think it will translate nicely to a shirt though! Are you planning on making it look more like the start screen or are you going a less pixel-y route?
    137 weeks ago
    Thanks! I never thought about doing a full 16-bit version of it, and a time vortex behind it would definitely be cool. Maybe I'll give it a shot one day if I'm feeling brave enough.

For now I've been updating it to vector graphics:
    Low - res logo

This is a low res version of the image, and I need to work on the letters, before I can consider it close to being done.

Any suggestions?
    137 weeks ago
    Low - res logo

I don't mean to spam my own post but I figured I would update the image as I've made a bit of progress.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    137 weeks ago
    It still feels like it's badly missing something, so yeah if possible adding something subtle on the background, maybe the vortex, would help a lot.

Besides that, and a little more improving on the art style, because it still feels a tiny bit "square", I do believe this shirt could be a winner.
    135 weeks ago
    THAT IS AMAZING!