Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
This will be my first submission of many. But even though it's my first I want this accepted and sold! So I am asking the community for some guidance. A much needed 3rd, 4th and 5th eye. I don't mind hearing that this doesn't make sense. Then I would like to know how I can make it more understandable. So I welcome any advice, tweaks, revisions, color comments and so forth. I also thank in advance any and all help!

Here it is. McZombies.

Photobucket
18Comments
    138 weeks ago
    I think the design would like better with a different font for the ba-da-ba part. It needs to look more zombie-ish like the McZombie's part.
    138 weeks ago
    The art is good but the design is a bit too gruesome for me, it makes me think of the food at McDonald's being made of arms or something lol but maybe that's what you were going for :P

I'm sure there are people who will really like this design though, I'm just not one of the zombie fans :) Good luck!
    138 weeks ago
    i think making one of the zombie hands (possibly the bottom right hand) hold a dripping bloody brain would definitely help the design

I think of zombies i think of brains...i see the word brains but no pictures of brains :(

I like where its going though so definitely looking forward to the finished design and future submissions :)
    138 weeks ago
    i think this would work better without the "brains jingle" but for an entirely different reason... it would become social commentary about western culture. i'm not saying i necessarily agree or disagree with it, but it would take on a whole "don't become a corporate slave" thing rather than being a clever zombie shirt. something to chew on (pun intended :P). Regardless, it's a very nice illustration!
    138 weeks ago
    Ok so I made a few revisions. Sorry Dakin but the slogan is why I made the shirt in the first place. I ba-da-ba-ba love it. -no pun intended.

Photobucket

Here is another Tee I just did that I also want to submit. I am very inspired by zombies and fast food right now. Not a healthy combo.

Photobucket
    138 weeks ago
    Here is another but a totally different reference... More comments welcome.

Photobucket
    138 weeks ago
    I like the wendy's parody the most I think it hits on all levels
    138 weeks ago
    I agree, the Wendy's parody works the best. The others are a bit too icky.
    138 weeks ago
    I have a noob question...

I'd like to make my art presentable when submitting. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a decent photo of the teefury guy and girl model on the home page?

Also what colors are available to place my designs on? Is there a shirt color chart somewhere? It's important because if I want to vintage out colors I need the shirt color in order to do that. Thanks so much.
    137 weeks ago
    I have to agree with Dakin -- I think the slogan hurts more than helps the shirt :( When it comes to musical slogans, it's very hard to translate that into text successfully, especially with McDonald's as it's not really a sentence haha, more like some bad scat singing thrown in with a few words lol. Plus "I'm Lovin' It" has become so commonplace that swapping it for "Brains" makes it harder to understand where it's coming from. It's harder to place the source. Does that make sense? haha.

Wendy's shirt is a win. The "Z" could use a bit of love but I LOVE the zombie Wendy haha. Definitely would pick that one up if it were to go for sale! The barfing one grosses me out completely tbh haha. It's immaculately done but suuuuuper gross LOL
    137 weeks ago
    What if the slogan was "Ba da ba ba brains...I'm lovin it!" Although I don't know about the copyright on that slogan, might have some issues with using the actual "I'm lovin it."

And I agree with everybody else so far that the Wendy's is the best of the three, very well done!
    137 weeks ago
    Wendys. Hands down. No Contest. Numero Uno.

Off topic. I need to get Stateside again, all I can get here BK & McSlop. Baconator & Root Beer ftw.
    137 weeks ago
    Thank you guys this feedback is great.

Being the perfectionist that I am.... I totally agree that Z needs love and on top of that the O, M and B need better care too. They are killing my eyes. Honestly I will not submit that shirt until I find a font worthy to replace the Wendy's letters. I have been searching all day to replace my poorly pen tooled lettering. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just keep searching Western Fonts?

As for McZombies I have toyed around with the saying being-
    "i'm cravin' it!"
    "ba-da-ba-ba cravin it!"
    and "ba-da-ba-ba-brains, i'm cravin it"
    Don't get me wrong I know tons of zombie fans and the grosser the better lol. If the community here isn't receptive I totally understand.

I can have a pretty gross sense of humor some times and I'm sorry for grossing anyone out. I'm sure you will love my next few tees as they are in the pencil stages at the moments... I got about 3 True Blood, 2 Back to the Future, a Dragon Ball Z, possibly Firefly and Blue Dragon tee on the way. I read somewhere that someone wanted a Smallville Tee. I'd love to make that happen but honestly haven't watched a single episode of Smallville to make it funny or even conceptualize a parody... I know I can make a sick shirt for the show but I don't know if a straight-up Smallville comic style shirt is what the staff wants.
    137 weeks ago
    Another thing to consider the with slogan is it that it's going to date the image. The tag line by McDonald's is only temporary til they roll out a new marketing campaign.

It would be like using "where's the beef" tag in your Wendy's design.
    137 weeks ago
    I think just may be ready for submit....
    Photobucket
    137 weeks ago
    I like these; very nicely executed. I really can't think of any suggestions for improvement so unless you feel there's something missing, submit away. And I like the slogans. The Ba-da-ba-ba-brains! is the best part. I don't think you need to worry about it getting too dated. "Where's the beef?" may be decades old but it's a classic people still remember and understand. When you think about it, how many of the shirts printed here deal with pop culture from years past?
    137 weeks ago
    The Wendy's shirt is the winner, it's absolutely brilliant mate. You have my $10 if it get's accepted for sure.

137 weeks ago
    Thank you guys for the excellent feedback...

This will be my last fast food zombie reference... or will it? lol no. I'm on to True Blood next. Comments welcome as always. Be kind, rewind!

Photobucket