Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
Ok, this may be a tad obscure, but it seems like a lot of Teefuriers are into Inception.

I'm having some trouble with my halftones when scaling back to 640 resolution, so disregard that at the moment. Just wanted to get it posted so you all could check it out. Thanks!

6Comments
    138 weeks ago
    maybe its just me...but i'm not seeing aything
    138 weeks ago
    Argh, my inabilities smurf... Here we go:

yusufssleepelixirreversed640.png
    138 weeks ago
    Maybe a little too obscure? Yusuf was "The Chemist" in the movie, the guy from Mombasa that made the serum that would allow them to go three levels deep (dream within a dream within a dream). The idea behind the design was to make it look like a patent medicine label (you know, like snake oil and cure-alls from the 1800s).

After looking at it again, I feel like the train is out of place (even though it's a link to the film). I would like to incorporate the quote in the headlight if possible, though... would a banner be way too cliche?
    138 weeks ago
    i have to rewatch the movie as I haven't seen it since it came out so it is a bit obscure for me (at least at the moment)

i got the medicine label idea you're trying to portray right away though as its the first thing I thought of.

I'm not too sure what tips I can offer though so I'll just give you the "bump" to the top and let other actual artists advise you

A banner could work though if it fits the design. Play with it and show some different ideas you have going :)
    138 weeks ago
    love this. except for the train. maybe a guy/silhouette lying down dreaming the text instead. cuz the train was Cobbs' dreams/subconscious hitting everyone's dream. I know it occurred in The Chemist's level of the dream, but it almost has no relation to him. Or maybe have it in snake oil bottle form.
    137 weeks ago
    I like the train, it really provides an extra tie to the movie.