Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
Hey guys, I need help deciding what do do with this logo. It's a Play on the Big Brother Big Sisters logo. As it is, the flat, single color style is true to that logo and I don't want to go too far away from that. Should I introduce another color (maybe a light blue) and give it some more Bioshock flavor or just keep it flat like it is now? Thanks so much!

Photobucket
17Comments
    138 weeks ago
    Like it, but the Big Daddy looks more like a Big Sister, with a drill hand. Like if those eye holes were any closer together you could squint and it'd look like one circular eye. And it's slimmer, and doesn't have the cage around the head. Like the concept, but it looks like a mix between a Big Daddy and Big Sister.
    138 weeks ago
    You've managed to nail the parody of the Big Brother Big Sisters of America logo spot on.

What I feel it's lacking right now is the correct mood. Either it needs vintage coloring and maybe distressing OR it needs something like color reversal to make it feel sinister.

I'd be very wary of adding any more detail to the logo element. But introduction of an extra color to the city scape perhaps in the form of Art Deco style Stream lining might work. See Deco Moderne. Something like a few thin horizontal lines merely suggesting the shape of architectural detail, rather than any heavy outlining.

Lastly that color Blue over White, argh, my eyes! ;)
    138 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: Like it, but the Big Daddy looks more like a Big Sister, with a drill hand. Like if those eye holes were any closer together you could squint and it'd look like one circular eye. And it's slimmer, and doesn't have the cage around the head. Like the concept, but it looks like a mix between a Big Daddy and Big Sister.

+1

anyways i really love the idea and how you made it a reality. Speaking from a huge fan of the BioShock series though...this doesn't really do anything for me and I'm not even sure why. Just leaves me wanting an actual BioShock tee that isn't a mash-up

but keep up the progress as maybe I'll change my mind and pick it up if it ever appears for sale. I'm sure others will definitely appreciate the ties that it has to offer :)
    138 weeks ago
    I love it! I kind of like the fact that it's not sinister, it's in such stark contrast to the dark nature of Big Daddies and Little Sisters in the game that it's funny and amusing; it leans more towards the feel of Big Brothers Big Sisters than that of Bioshock and I think it works.

Also, I never noticed that the space between the two figures in the Big Brothers Big Sisters logo formed a "B" until just now! Haha!
    138 weeks ago
    @Ghostman - The Big Daddy is supposed to be a whimsical take on the subject but perhaps it isn't coming across in that way. Perhaps when people see that it's a Bioshock shirt they are predisposed to think it must look a certain way. We will take that critique into consideration, thank you!

@Chuffy - Thanks for recognizing the nature of the design as it was intended and responding to what we needed! you have confirmed what we suspected... IT NEEDS MORE CHARACTER! Dakin will have to take the advice he gave you on your "Whovian" design: Are we appealing to Bioshock fans or Big Brother Big Sister fans?! Obviously, we need more Bioshock!

@PureInvasion - Hopefully, after we address some of the issues and spend some some making it more of a Bioshock you will find it to your liking :D

@SurferCat35 - It's also a heart!!!!!
    138 weeks ago
    Don't think I've ever heard of this foundation
    but I'l try be helpful with what I say.
    would the design stil work as a parody of the logo if the semi-circle became one of the circular building roof-top thingies from the rapture logo, also i realize that you have probably used the actual foundations font but is ther anyway to give the text a bit more pizzaz, it just looks a little plain to me right now.
    One last thing, to make this possibly work better as shirt, mayby you could try making it something along the lines of a company picnic shirt but to give it a Rapure twist it could be something along the lines of " second annual harvest" or something like that.
    Something that probably defeats the purpose of the design (Sorry) but a bit more detail on the big daddy would be nice.
    138 weeks ago
    I found this image
    bioshock-movie.jpg
    Bioshock logo

Which means my suggestion of adding streamlining to the buildings would probably be inappropriate. However it gives ideas for additional detailing elements and well as color palette.

To get more Bioshock, probably the obvious thing is the coloring. But how far you take the logo from the Big Brother Big Sister source is gonna be tricky. I thought you'd nailed it, but on balance adding more Bioshock to the logo would seem to be the way to go.
    138 weeks ago
    closer to a finished version!

Photobucket
    138 weeks ago
    still gotta reign in the distressing, it's just there for effect right now. maybe adjust the colors a tad and whatever else you genius people come up with.
    138 weeks ago
    NikiCostello said: closer to a finished version!

Photobucket

Outstanding! And the caption really works too :)
    138 weeks ago
    Awesome! The new version looks amazing, looks like something you'd find right in the game :) Great work!

And it is also a heart! Wow, I never noticed lol!
    138 weeks ago
    ahaha yeah i tried to highlight that fact by leaving the through color in the B/Heart. Glad you like it :D
    138 weeks ago
    Okay, NOW it's something I could see myself buying and wearing. Thickening the figure out a bit definitely helped and the head looks less round which I love. The new color scheme and distress makes it feel more Bioshock-y. Good work!
    138 weeks ago
    lol Dakin...above I said it didn't do much for me (as a bioshock fan)...the second you change the colour i am now officially feeling this tee.

Print it!

:)
    138 weeks ago
    hahaha i know i need to communicate my ideas better. i always inteded to bring more bioshock into it, the OP was my initial basis to start from, being the BBBS logo. guess i should specify! i would never print a bioshock shirt on white with pure blue ink ;) i just didn't know if it should be single color or not.... der!
    138 weeks ago
    well if it ever appears on this site for sale it'll look great in my closet next to my Charlie Pace Memorial tee :)

i guess it was just the vibrant blue in the initial design that threw me for a loop. Oh well that has been fixed. Also like the fixes you did on the actual shape fo the big daddy. good job.

Can't really critique the fine art points (as I'm not an artist) so I'll just sit back and watch as its finalized
    138 weeks ago
    submitted :D