Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
Sorry for the huge image, but there is a lot going on here and you wouldn't really be able to critique it without >_<

So it's a Disneyland style map of Jareth's Goblin Kingdom. Basically the whole movie aside from what takes place in the real world. Lemme know what you guys think... if you need I can post some more dtailed images but hopefully you can see what's going on lol

Photobucket
35Comments
    138 weeks ago
    Omg! Made of Win! would buy in a second!
    138 weeks ago
    love it -- insta-buy. But, wonder what it would look like without the scroll paper. It's so detailed already, the scroll might be too much. Maybe a plain square background like you'd get at an amusement part as a pamphlet.
    138 weeks ago
    You're gonna need a bigger Moat.

No, just kidding. The detail is excellent. Where I think you unreasonably got cajoled into adding far too many characters on the Whuturama design, here the level of detail is justified.

I have to disagree about the scroll, I think it sets the design apart making it look really special. Like you could actually lift the map off the shirt and hold it in your hands. When Art looks like that, you know it's done right. The Quill looks a little flat though, more drop shadow maybe?

If I may make a suggestion about the choice of shirt color, I'd try Army Green. Not that it really matters as some people will hate the color whatever you chose. ;)

PS Check your Bubblemail
    138 weeks ago
    ILOVEITILOVEITILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT.

Holy frak I want to have this as a shirt and a poster and a desktop background and maybe even wallpaper.

(Although I think Chuffy's right about the quill)
    138 weeks ago
    I'm continually amazed by the amount of people who even know about this movie! This is truly an epic illustration...Well done.

Have you tried any kind of a fill or shadowing on the "Goblin Kingdom" heading? It seems like it doesn't stand out enough... maybe it's just me.

Oh, and if you could incorporate the "Ello" worm (besides being on the map) my heart would smile bunches. lol

198862_11Jan10_postcard.jpg
    138 weeks ago
    ohgawd that would be adorable. ^^^^

Seriously, this thread just makes me super happy.
    138 weeks ago
    1. Keep it as a scroll. It is just so full of win.
    2. Make Goblin Kingdom stand out a bit more. Right now it's just getting lost in the map itself.
    3. Because the map is so beautifully done the feather does stick out like a sore thumb in a bad way. Try to make it look a tad more realistic.

Other than that this is going to make an amazing shirt. It will be in on my insta buy list!
    138 weeks ago
    So now that I'm over my initial "omgihavetohaveit"

I really don't think you even need the quill there. It's not really necessary, and since it's bright white, it kind of draws your eye away from the map.

Can we have more detailed pictures? I just want to see it all =D
    138 weeks ago
    Love!!
    138 weeks ago
    OK, awesome crits guys. you never fail me! I have taken all of them into consideration and almost all will be implemented. I'm really happy with the response this has gotten and can't wait to see your impressions of the revised version! You guys rule! :D
    138 weeks ago
    PS Chuffy, I have an email that says you sent me bubblemail but it's not there for some reason! just email me at dakin_costello(AT)yahoo.com
    138 weeks ago
    HOOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY CRAAAAAAAPPPPPP THAT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! wantwantwantwantwant

Seriously. I would buy a bajillion of these so they never wear out! My friends and I quote this movie like CRAZY -- I would have to get them all one too! It doesn't help my sister's name is Sarah, so every time my friends see her they're like, "Saaaaaarrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" lolololol.

EPIC FREAKING WIN, that's all I have to say.
    138 weeks ago
    I kind of like how you have other maps underneath the main one in your comp. Like they have been scrolling through other maps til they stubble upon the right one. You could have fun with some other Henson references on the secondary maps.

Oh and I agree the quill isn't needed.
    138 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: OK, awesome crits guys. you never fail me!

Never expect anything less from the Teefury community ;)

Check your inbox.
    138 weeks ago
    small images make this design cry... here is a high resolution view of the full design including alterations made as per the suggestions from you all:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/Dakin_Costello/map.jpg
    138 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: small images make this design cry... here is a high resolution view of the full design including alterations made as per the suggestions from you all:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/Dakin_Costello/map.jpg

Nice. Spotted 2 typos though. They're spelt Oubliette and Masquerade.
    138 weeks ago
    Chuffy, are you serious because those are the 2 I didn't know how to spell so i googled BOTH.... are you saying I can't believe EVERYTHING on the internet?! PISHAW! lol thanks though, you are really earning your paycheck lately!
    138 weeks ago
    I have a silly question. Could you put Hoggle anywhere without making him look shoved in?

Also, I love the quill a million times more with the worm next to it. It gives it a little more context and it's ADORABLE.
    138 weeks ago
    for you, yes I will add Hoggle :) however, I would be remiss if I did that but left out Ludo and Sir Didymus and so they will have to be included as well!
    138 weeks ago
    OK, I think this is the final submission! Here it is on brown and on green. As much as I like the green, I think the brown is more Labyrinth style. Also, there is a link to the high res final image. Thanks for ALL the help guys; you are a priceless asset!

Photobucket

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb467/Dakin_Costello/map2.jpg
    138 weeks ago
    I was thinking that Green would go with the whole Goblin theme but gaaaagghh... not nice. I even played with the map in my art package using shirt colors from the Teefury gallery, Brown wins by a mile.

It should be noted the default Brown shirt is much darker than your mockup image. Any chance of a color correct preview for others to see? The true Teefury Army Green wasn't terrible when I mocked it up, it's just the brown is so much better in my opinion.
    138 weeks ago
    i dont have the actual tf colors... idk what they are. you have hex values or anything?
    138 weeks ago
    I just copy paste the preview images from the gallery, the ones below the models, to grab the color.

I've got Army Green as about R89 G82 B54 (HTML #595236)

And Brown as R51 G27 B17 (HTML #331b11)
    138 weeks ago
    I could see this design being the kind of shirt you catch people staring at as they try to figure out all of the little details in the map. You should consider selling it as a print. I feel like plenty of people would hang that on their wall.
    137 weeks ago
    Wow...must own.
  • Load More Comments