Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago

I submitted this a while ago. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to revise it?
6Comments
    152 weeks ago
    Not quite sure what you were going for here. Is it a take on Google or what? It's also inconsistent, with the B and e being actual letters and then characters attempting to fill the voids for the middle. The problem is that Mario looks nothing like a letter, the Boo with his tongue out doesn't look like a letter I know (closes would be a lower-case q, because his tongue is backwards to be a g) and the Boo covering his eyes is much larger than the rest...The art also seems to be out of it's league in terms of its resolution or is just too small and jagged.

I don't know what I could really suggest to refine your design much, especially because I don't seem to grasp it. Sorry.
    152 weeks ago
    It's supposed to be a take on the google art; how on holodays, and every so often, "Google" is replaced by a picture vaguely resembling the name of the website. "B" and "e" are letters, because I felt that without them, the picture would be unrecognizable as a "Google" design, but a bunch of pictures. As for the tongue boo and Mario, I tried my best to make them resemble letters, what with the tound hanging down low, and rounded at the end, and the tail sticking up, to kind or resemble the Google "g", but in the end, it can't be perfect. I'm hard pressed to find a Google Holiday picture where I can distinguish the letters perfectly anyway. Boos come in all sizes as, well... With the tiny pink ones that can be hearded, all the way up to Boos twenty times Mario's size. The resolution, well, it's a bitmap image that I had to scale not to be tiny, and to have 640x800 pixels.

Again, suggestions to resolve these problems would be welcomed. Thanks.
    152 weeks ago
    ironically, my suggestion is Google of all things. Check out all the mario/boo images you can and see what you can adapt. For example, switch mario too just his head with a scared face or something. maybe luigi's flashlight for the "L"... good concept that just needs some more homework!
    151 weeks ago
    I'll try that. Thanks.
    151 weeks ago
    I think the other problem is just that "boogle" makes less sense, and it's goign to be difficult to find a pose of a boo that you can make look like a "B."

Also, it's difficult to tell from the design, but is this just copying and pasting, or did you actually draw the Boo's and Mario? The latter is the only way to do this, the other will result in pretty much a guarantee to not be accepted.
    151 weeks ago
    I hand-drew them all on my tablet, even the letters.

It's kinda neat that you couldn't tell.