*Rambling warning: Feel free to skip to the pics and leave CC.*

Howdy TeeFurians,

Recently I have returned to the daunting world of Photoshop, a world I left some time ago out of sheer busyness. I started out doing photo manipulations (albeit very bad ones) which I found was a great way to pick up a diverse range of techniques quickly.

I have been a fan of TeeFury for a few months now but I only recently (1 week ago in fact) realized that many of the designs I have admired on here were actually submitted by fellow TeeFurians. I love this idea of a community supporting itself and so thought I may as well contribute and exercise my creative legs while I'm at it.
The result is the images you see below; my first three designs. I'll be taking a break from Photoshop for a few days now but I would love some feedback on them, so fire away.

Also, I have been taking a largely "ignorance is bliss" approach to the technical side of things with regards to my designs. I dread to consider whether any of them are actually printable. So I have some questions:
1) What resolution should I be working with? Is there a 'too high' or 'too low'?
2) What is this talk I hear about lpi and printer frequency?
3) Copyright, do any of mine cut it too closely?

Cheers, U18.

11Comments
    138 weeks ago
    Wow! These are some good designs and I especially like the Building Better Evil idea! For technical stuff you may want to ask Chuffy, as he appears to be the resident expert, but you seem to be off to a good start!
    138 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: Wow! These are some good designs and I especially like the Building Better Evil idea! For technical stuff you may want to ask Chuffy, as he appears to be the resident expert, but you seem to be off to a good start!

Thanks, I'm not too worried about getting answers about the technical stuff, I'm probably getting a bit ahead of myself there. I'm more focused on developing my designs at the moment and enjoying the process.
    138 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: For technical stuff you may want to ask Chuffy, as he appears to be the resident expert....

Wha... when did that happen?

UserEighteen said: 1) What resolution should I be working with? Is there a 'too high' or 'too low'?
    2) What is this talk I hear about lpi and printer frequency?
    3) Copyright, do any of mine cut it too closely?

1. There's no too high or low when you're working with vectors which you appear be. However when you are uploading your work (if your submission has been accepted) it states on the upload page the image "Must be 300 dpi or a vector file - Max size 14 x 17 in."

2. An lpi of 47 and a frequency of 1,337 terahertz. Sorry, no, I made that up. I've not heard of specific lpi requirements for Teefury. Some weeks ago Jimiyo (a Teefury staffer) said

Jimiyo said: When submitting it would be good if you kept a copy of the raster non-halftone version just in case the lpi isn't suitable for our printer. If you leave it raster/nonhalftoned, we'll typically convert for you.

75 would be too small. Most printers with automatics operate at "45 to 65 Frequency lines/inch."

3. Not that I can see. However, I think I am correct in saying Teefury have shied away from some material in the past because of copyright infringement concerns in the past. As a rule of thumb, if you are blatantly copying something that's wrong, if you are creating an original work that's a parody that's usually ok.

138 weeks ago
    Thanks a tonne Chuffy, it's good to know. You're officially the resident expert, just remember what comes with great power :P
    135 weeks ago
    New WIP; desperately needs crit. Thanks in advance!

ber222.jpg
    135 weeks ago
    I totally dig the bear art, though I don't quite understand the "Lucy" tag unless I'm really missing something.
    135 weeks ago
    I LOVE the skynet one. Just... maybe, possibly add something subtle (or even not so subtle) that says Skynet on it?
    135 weeks ago
    Is that Lotsa? Underwater? The art is good but I don't quite get the reference, though it's kind of sad lol
    135 weeks ago
    @drwyrick Something like this?
    CMYD2copy.jpg

Also, an update on the bear:
    ber222-1.jpg

It's the bear found floating in Walter's pool after the air collision he caused. Lucy is a fictional name I added to try and create a more personal link to the object, I chose it because it's an innocent sounding name belonging to an obviously young girl who might have been in the crash.
    113 weeks ago
    the Breaking bad tee is %*ing gnarly please print thatttt
    113 weeks ago
    I would ditch the tag on the bear because it wasn't actually on the bear and a black tag with white text in that font doesn't look personal, it looks like a brand tag. Other than that I really like the shirt. Nice work!