Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
I'm dangerously close to submitting this, but would like some feedback. Is it complete? Does it need anything else?

16Comments
    152 weeks ago
    R2D2 is totally 8 track. No, just kidding. Very nice design, simple but with the right level of detail :)
    152 weeks ago
    Very nice! I can't find anything to nitpick... You've only used 5 colors, right? You could maybe add a little "blue-glowie-ness" to the border to represent the projection, just to see what it looked like. Go for it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    152 weeks ago
    awboan said: You could maybe add a little "blue-glowie-ness" to the border to represent the projection, just to see what it looked like.

I tried it with a glow around it and decided against it. I'll revisit.

Chuffy said: R2D2 is totally 8 track. No, just kidding. Very nice design, simple but with the right level of detail :)

AAAAHHHHH!!! HE TOTALLY IS!!! 1977, 8-track city! My thinking going into it was that DJ Organa made this at home (hence the handwriting), so that saves me, I guess! :-)

152 weeks ago
    I would absolutely buy this.
    152 weeks ago
    Thanks for the kind words! I think I may submit sometime today. Anymore last words?
    152 weeks ago
    is there any room for gold? I miss threepeeoh
    152 weeks ago
    PatronPM said: is there any room for gold? I miss threepeeoh

I was toying with an idea for working him in, but then thought against it solely because the scene where Leia records herself features only the two of them... R2 and her. Well, not SOLELY because of that, also because I couldn't really think of any other way to work him in other than being a set of headphones. Hmm... headphones... I'll see if I can work something out.
    152 weeks ago
    dmacias said:
    awboan said: You could maybe add a little "blue-glowie-ness" to the border to represent the projection, just to see what it looked like.

I tried it with a glow around it and decided against it. I'll revisit.

Chuffy said: R2D2 is totally 8 track. No, just kidding. Very nice design, simple but with the right level of detail :)

AAAAHHHHH!!! HE TOTALLY IS!!! 1977, 8-track city! My thinking going into it was that DJ Organa made this at home (hence the handwriting), so that saves me, I guess! :-)

Actually, you've got it right. I was in my prime in '77 and 8 track had been replaced by cassette tape. Well done and spot on with the time reference.
    152 weeks ago
    I tend to be very picky about my Star Wars shirts since I've always had so many but THIS. IS. AWESOME! Hope this gets made! And I hope it gets printed on black!
    152 weeks ago
    dudley53 said:
    Actually, you've got it right. I was in my prime in '77 and 8 track had been replaced by cassette tape. Well done and spot on with the time reference.

Ahhh, thx for the memories! I actually remember having Highway to Hell by AC/DC on 8-track and that was released in 1979. It was co-owned by me and my 2 older brothers... bought for us by mom! Cassettes came shortly thereafter in our household.

rumtommyrum said: I tend to be very picky about my Star Wars shirts since I've always had so many but THIS. IS. AWESOME! Hope this gets made! And I hope it gets printed on black!

Thx for the vote of confidence. I've submitted a few things now with no reply. Hopefully this one gets called up!
    152 weeks ago
    Well, I think I'm gonna submit it as-is. I tried using a tape case to work in C3PO, but it seriously threw in too much mess. Wish me luck!
    152 weeks ago
    Great concept -- clever. It's hard to create a new star wars design that isn't beating a dead (insert SW reference). The last I saw that I really like was R2D2 as a lighthouse. I'd definitely buy this mixtape.
    152 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: R2D2 is totally 8 track

Someone should make a shirt of R2 as an 8-track...like 2-X-L.

Wait...did I just show my old age?

152 weeks ago
    I have a 2XL sitting in the basement with a Fairy Tales quiz 8track in it. I'm old too.
    152 weeks ago
    "R2 Side 2" is the greatest thing I've ever read.
    151 weeks ago
    dmacias said: Well, I think I'm gonna submit it as-is. I tried using a tape case to work in C3PO, but it seriously threw in too much mess. Wish me luck!

no worries on no C3PO, the design is awesome, I see an instabuy in my future, and hell there's always your next design to work in a little gold plated magic...