Back to forum
rss 138 weeks ago
What do you guys think? I'm thinking of doing three or four of the teams, depending on if the shirts are picked and are popular enough.

Lemme know everything on your mind~

16Comments
    138 weeks ago
    I love the subtlety of this! Great work so far, I can't even come up with many criticisms. At most, I could say that it is slightly too off center. The design pulls my eyes to the right due to all of the empty space in the upper left side.
    138 weeks ago
    great design... unfortunately idk the reference :( :::loser stamp:::
    138 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: I love the subtlety of this! Great work so far, I can't even come up with many criticisms. At most, I could say that it is slightly too off center. The design pulls my eyes to the right due to all of the empty space in the upper left side.

OK I'm not crazy! I felt that too haha! The cannonball makes it a bit harder to work with... I was thinking to balance it out putting some sort of "official" Quidditch League type crest that I'd then put on other shirts from other teams I'm planning to make, to tie them all together. I'll make an updated version with what I had in mind to see if that makes it balance out a bit better. Thanks for the comment!

dakin_costello said: great design... unfortunately idk the reference :( :::loser stamp:::

It's a professional Quidditch team from the Harry Potter books :D I wouldn't say it makes you a loser — probably just more sane than the rest of us ;D
    138 weeks ago
    hahaha thaaaaat explains it! if i were approaching this design, i might have the "ball" thingy moving through a lage piece of text. you need something to out weigh the momentum of the ball and keep the viewer anchored in place. i wish i could be of more help than stating the obvious.... ugh. OH, let me say I love the color choice! YES that will do!
    138 weeks ago
    Yikes! I've been working on some of those teams myself! :-)

Careful, though, I saw some a few weeks ago when I searched for them online to make sure I wasn't biting on someone else's concepts. I saw a similar one to yours somewhere... I'm sure if you conducted a search you'd be able to find it.

138 weeks ago
    Much better than the Cannons design I was working on! Though I do agree that it seems a bit off-center. I like how everything is on the same angle, though. Very sharp. And the weathered looking of the design. Which teams were you planning on doing? I ask because I had the same idea but don't want to do teams that are already being done.
    138 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: hahaha thaaaaat explains it! if i were approaching this design, i might have the "ball" thingy moving through a lage piece of text. you need something to out weigh the momentum of the ball and keep the viewer anchored in place. i wish i could be of more help than stating the obvious.... ugh. OH, let me say I love the color choice! YES that will do!

Haha well thank you! Unfortunately I can't take credit for the color choice as it was dictated by the books ;D Same with the cannonball. Apparently it's easier to describe the logo than actually get it to work in the real world LOL ughhhhh

Anyway, updates! v2 here! I added a little logo I made for the British and Irish Quidditch League, in which the CC are a member. Does it help to balance out the frakking cannonball? :D

chudley%20cannons%20grunge2%2072.png

Here's a zoom-in of the logo itself, if you'd like to concrit that for me as well ;D

Screen%20Shot%202011-08-21%20at%206.49.13%20PM.png

MOAR COMMENTS PLZ! And thanks for all the help so far! It means a lot :)
    138 weeks ago
    dmacias said: Yikes! I've been working on some of those teams myself! :-)

Careful, though, I saw some a few weeks ago when I searched for them online to make sure I wasn't biting on someone else's concepts. I saw a similar one to yours somewhere... I'm sure if you conducted a search you'd be able to find it.

Oh jeez haha, didn't even think of doing that haha... just searched now, was it the one going downward to the right you saw? It's definitely similar, but I'd argue mine's different enough to be okay, and with everything else I added I don't think it will be a good comparison anyway, right? Haha at least I hope so! :B Thanks for the warning though! What teams are you doing? Seems this is a popular idea haha! All the better, I know that I at least would buy them all! :D

jamiesugah said: Much better than the Cannons design I was working on! Though I do agree that it seems a bit off-center. I like how everything is on the same angle, though. Very sharp. And the weathered looking of the design. Which teams were you planning on doing? I ask because I had the same idea but don't want to do teams that are already being done.

Thanks for the concrit! It means a lot :))) I was thinking of doing a Puddlemere United/Manchester United MashedPotato, and that was pretty much my only other idea! I definitely won't do more if others want to make some, though! Now I'm thinking maybe a shirt of just the B&I Quidditch league logo I made could work as well... oh gosh I dunno haha! But that's the most of my ideas :)

I can't wait to see your designs, guys! I think these have potential to be a pretty popular concept :D
    138 weeks ago
    I really like your design and the idea, but I don't like the quote at the bottom. I think it would look better and more like a team shirt without it.
    138 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: I really like your design and the idea, but I don't like the quote at the bottom. I think it would look better and more like a team shirt without it.

Cool, thanks! I was undecided on the quote, but love it so much I put it, haha. If more people seem to want it without the quote I'll submit it that way!

What does everyone think? Quote or no?
    138 weeks ago
    I like the quote, but I do think the shirt would work better without it. Petrichor's right that it looks more like a team shirt if it doesn't have it. Too bad you can't put it on the back, because that would be awesome!

I like the league design, too.

I had a Tornadoes design in the works, actually. A very rough idea - after seeing this I'll have to up my game a little!
    138 weeks ago
    I agree, the quote would be AWESOME on the back :(

Ok here's what I think I'm gonna submit -- what do you think?

chudley%20cannons%20final%2072.png
    138 weeks ago
    Except, you know, centered on the canvas X(
    138 weeks ago
    Nice, just a shame you couldn't work the Quidditch League logo in - I think it made it nicely obvious what it was about.
    138 weeks ago
    Hiratha said: Nice, just a shame you couldn't work the Quidditch League logo in - I think it made it nicely obvious what it was about.

I still could work it in! I'm submitting in the morning, hoping for any last comments to trickle in! Thanks for the feedback :) I like the logo too, just wasn't sure if it was too much having it there or not.

Last questions! Logo yes/no? New design good/bad? Any last suggestions?

Thanks for the help everybody! Your feedback helped IMMENSELY!!! You all rock :)
    138 weeks ago
    I like the British/Irish logo. Maybe try working that in with the last update somehow. I don't know, maybe with the "champions" quote underneath it, but not italicized.

I was working on Ballycastle Bats and some of the North American teams.Still fleshing stuff out, though.