Back to forum
rss 139 weeks ago
So I've been working on this for a little while and I'm just curious as to what you guys think! I'd love some feedback before I try to submit it :)

Photobucket
2Comments
    139 weeks ago
    Don't take this the wrong way but there doesn't seem to be much going on here. It's just a very generic pokeball-esque design with a triforce in front of it. I doubt it would be picked up as is if you submitted it.

There isn't much reason for it to exist, the two properties do not have much in common aside from being nintendo owned, and this doesn't do anything to link them together. (pun intended)

Don't let this discourage you from continuing the design, but if your artistic ability stretches this far, try to bring the two franchises together. Maybe Link holding an open pokeball that has a triforce on it, with like Ghoma or a Po or any other famous and familiar Zelda enemy emerging from it. He could have a few more balls on his belt, too, referencing both that you can have up to 5 pokemon with you, as well as the fact that Link is capable holding inhuman amounts of large items with him during his adventures.

Something along those lines would be very fun, and something a lot of people might consider buying. Especially if you changed some of Link's attire to resemble something from the pokemon universe, give his signature long green hat a red/white appearance, put the symbol from Ash's hat on it...you have to find a way to bring the two things together more than just a generic red and white circle with three triangles in front of it. This is not meant to be an offense but you want people to like your design because it's something they themselves wouldn't have thought of or couldn't create themselves. Anyone could do what you have posted now, and could do it in MS Paint.

Please don't take this as me being discouraging, take it as constructive criticism and take it as a reason to continue working.
    139 weeks ago
    I agree with SeckzBobOmb.
    Although I love both Pokemon and Zelda, it's pretty plain, but I really like the idea of mashing Link and Ash.
    Or maybe you could have a pokeball with Navi coming out of it?
    Best of luck :)