Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago

Thoughts? Critiques?

If Teefury decides not to print this when I submit it, I will be putting it on RedBubble :)

30Comments
    152 weeks ago
    I really like this, my only suggestion would be to maybe have the ribbon bit more rounded, like same curve as the circle. Does that make sense? aside from that I really like it.
    152 weeks ago
    Hm... I like it, but I find the text in the circle a little hard to read... I think it's the font, not the color.
    152 weeks ago
    I love this idea, and the execution is well done but slightly off. Something about it is bugging me...it might just be too busy. You may want to get rid of the "diving division" as a whole. The Zora's Domain Marines covers all that you would need, Diving Division is a nice aside to the nature of Zoran's but not necessary an makes it even more busy than necessary.

Also, I'm color blind so it is very difficult for me to tell if you've reached the color limit or not, I can't tell which are different colors in parts, but if I were you I'd find a way to separate the Triforce in color. As it currently blends into the entire design and is nearly lost.

It's often nice to have a subtle design that only fans of the topic would get, but you don't want to completely alienate the general audience. Sure, the design would only get noticed by Zelda fans as it stands right now, but more people would at least recognize the design if you were to isolate the Triforce, highlight it in some way.

However, like I said, this is still great work, and I hope to see a finalized version for sale, so that I can snag one.
    152 weeks ago
    zelda2i.jpg

Okay, I took all of your ideas into consideration! In order to do this, I moved away from the Military idea, and went more for an Dive Team Invitational.

Thoughts?
    152 weeks ago
    Ah, the last two bubble on the bottom didn't show up. Here's a corrected version:

zelda2.jpg
    152 weeks ago
    Wow...totally different direction, but I really like that! Good job!
    152 weeks ago
    the new design is pretty sweet, and what i was gonna comment was that some of the edges needed to be cleaned up, but you already fixed that. nice job!
    152 weeks ago
    I think a slightly distressed look is good for it, but I would love opinions! I also cleaned up/aligned a couple of areas.

So, would you buy or not?

zelda3e.jpg

zelda3mock.jpg
    152 weeks ago
    i would buy that, no questions asked.
    152 weeks ago
    Thanks korbyn! I've gone ahead and submitted it :D Hopefully I get a positive response from the TeeFury Team.
    152 weeks ago
    jaw/drop
    152 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: jaw/drop

Thanks so much! Hopefully TeeFury feels the same :-)
    152 weeks ago
    My T-Shirts get wrecked in no time, so I think I'd like it more non-pre-distressed... however both designs are amazing!
    152 weeks ago
    PatronPM said: My T-Shirts get wrecked in no time, so I think I'd like it more non-pre-distressed... however both designs are amazing!

Oooh, good point. Hmm...
    151 weeks ago
    would buy this is a heartbeat
    151 weeks ago
    distressed for me. You have a date stamp of 1998 on it...why not look like it came from there?
    151 weeks ago
    Whaaaaaaaat? Another Ocarina of Time design? You rock at these! I'd buy this AND the Lon Lon Milk. Hope they both get printed one time or another.
    151 weeks ago
    Thanks so much everyone :D I hope the TeeFury staff feels the same - I submitted it back on 8/21, so I should find out in the next two weeks.
    151 weeks ago
    Very nice! And I like the distress because it kind of looks like bubbles to fit the design :P Good luck!
    151 weeks ago
    Really hoping to see some of your designs coming up soon. Have been desperately waiting for my first buy...yours would be it!
    151 weeks ago
    WalleyGirl said: Really hoping to see some of your designs coming up soon. Have been desperately waiting for my first buy...yours would be it!

Thanks so much! What an honor!
    150 weeks ago
    Update: I haven't heard anything from TeeFury for this design or the Lon Lon Milk Label design yet. I know it takes 2-3 weeks to curate (artists, can you verify this?). If they don't get back with me, do you guys have any further suggestions that I could re-tool and re-submit?

149 weeks ago
    Great designs. Teefury would be fools not print these.
    149 weeks ago
    The distressed effect you used looks more like someone flicked a little bit of paint on the design. It's a really great design otherwise, more of a Sega guy though... ;)
    149 weeks ago
    Scafl said: The distressed effect you used looks more like someone flicked a little bit of paint on the design. It's a really great design otherwise, more of a Sega guy though... ;)

I agree. I've been looking at different ways of distressing it, actually! School has just been making my time short.

vegetollo7 said: Great designs. Teefury would be fools not print these.

Aw, thanks! I hope they decide to use it. It's almost been three weeks since I submitted it, so we'll see!
  • Load More Comments