Back to forum
rss 139 weeks ago
Hola everyone!

Okay so I've been lurking around TeeFury for a few weeks now and really love the site, the quality of the designs here is really outstanding. I figured I'd give it a shot myself and see how it goes but what I wanted to submit was something that I did before I found this site, and I've got a small problem: the colour limit on submissions. Here's the idea:

Now this has waaaay more than the 6 limit, but the thing is, I've seen some designs on here that also seem to have a lot more than 6 colours according to PS/Irfanview. I've tried converting it to duotone/tritone but it just ends up looking less than impressive. Can anyone give me some advice on this? Is the idea itself even worth persevering with? It's just the result of a typo I saw somewhere that my imagination caught hold of .... :)

cortextheory/Jay
5Comments
    137 weeks ago
    Thanks for your feedback, smurfs.
    137 weeks ago
    Any time!
    137 weeks ago
    Teefury's not going to be able to print something that says Breaking Bad and uses one of their promo pieces only slightly altered, copyright and all that jazz.

Though for future reference gradients can achieve the look of more colors than the limited 6. Depending on what program you use just look up a how to on Youtube. Jimiyo has a really helpful one with Photoshop.
    136 weeks ago
    Yeah it doesn't actually say Breaking Bad though :) I know parody is a fine line and maybe this one isn't far enough removed to fall into that category. And maybe it's actually smurf, which in fairness, I now think it probably is. Thought it was good at the time! But thanks for the tip for that tutorial, will definitely check it out.
    136 weeks ago
    Ehm, for 'smurf' read s-h-i-t.