Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
This was my first tee design from a couple of weeks ago, and it was only after I'd created it I decided to Google. Yep, a really old idea apparently which alot of people had thought of before me. Now whenever I have an idea, I google it first. Over twenty designs later I've thankfully not had to ssmurf any, but every time I google my heart sinks at the thought of not doing a design I'd been getting excited about. But what do others do? Do you Google first to see if you're doing something new, or do you just pluck on blindly and hope you do a good enough job of it to warrant the effort?

6Comments
    152 weeks ago
    yeah we search as hard as possible in any way possible before we start.
    152 weeks ago
    I always google the idea first. Then if the idea has been done (usually I just ssmurf it) I try to decide if my spin is different enough to pursue. No use getting down though it just makes more room for fresh ideas that are even better!
    152 weeks ago
    Smurf= s-c-r-a-p
    147 weeks ago
    I love this and I want.....where do I get it ?????????
    147 weeks ago
    I google and then redbubble search as well to make sure the idea was not done a shirt. Just because someone draws something doesn't mean the idea is gone. If they put it on a shirt and sold it then you should probably back down. Also make sure if you follow a similar idea to use your own style because that will separate it from the rest.

I can't tell you how many Nom Nom Nom shirts there are in stores. No one owns Nom Nom! You just make different art to support it.
    147 weeks ago
    ah smurf I thought of this idea like 3 months ago. just never got to putting it together yet. ssmurf....