Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
Hello wonderful teefurians. I need some help with my newest design...

version 1

Captain Ahabs fail

version 2

Captain Ahabs fail

Which version do you like better? Specifically do you prefer the less polished hand drawn ahab on the bottom in the boat w/ stroke or do you prefer the cleaner more consistent ahab in the first? also which saying do you prefer? For that matter if anybody has any other sayings like "Thar she goes..." or "not cool", anything I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys you're the best!
7Comments
    152 weeks ago
    Version 1 Ahab. It's in keeping with the rest of the design style.

Alternate text suggestions.
    Sunnuva....
    M-e-h (---hypens added to avoid ludicrous language filter)
    Or maybe remove the text entirely, perhaps make Ahab look more dejected in his body language.
    152 weeks ago
    I'd say lose the text bubble and go with the 1st Ahab, it's a winner.
    152 weeks ago
    1st Ahab for sure, and maybe do like "Aaarg!" or "@&$%!" or something? Just other suggestions for pretty much the same sentiment LOL

And if this got printed I would SO TOTALLY BUY IT!!! I love this concept :D :D :D :D
    152 weeks ago
    Ill eat some Wheaties and try to come up with a clever phrase cuz I would really like to keep the bubble. Also do you think the turquoise is necessary? I incorporated it because that's the color behind the fail whale on twitter but im thinking I could cut it out and knock the color count down to 5?
    152 weeks ago
    Ok just submitted. cleaned a few things up and went with a classic line. If it is accepted I'm sure I'd be allowed to change the text before print so by all means if you've got a great line lemme know...

Milford Sound in New Zealand
    152 weeks ago
    I think I'd lean more toward not having him say anything at all. The "fail whale" thing is readily known and the text isn't offering any clarification of him actually being Captain Ahab.

Good concept. I like it.
    152 weeks ago
    I think I would work better without the text too. The text bubble seems to force the joke on you.

If Ahab had more of a visual failure like his harpoon sinking in the water as if he missed. Or perhaps a classy face palm.