Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
After my last Gotham Football design I decided to tailor it more towards Bruce Wayne and The Dark Knight.

I wanted to tie it in with Gotham's White Night/ Dark Knight references. The eye slit should look familiar to Batman fans. And fans of the caped crusader should also note the year on the T.

Comments?
11Comments
    152 weeks ago
    why that year? what is this "white night" reference and its a real strain to see that the eye slit is a bat logo. needs more work
    152 weeks ago
    1939 was the year of the first appearance of Batman in Detective Comics. The white Knight is the reference is from The Dark knight how they said dent was Gothams White Knight and Gordon's speech at the end when he calls batman our Dark Knight. On an actual sized t-shirt the eye slit would be bigger and much more clear.
    Anyone Else?
    152 weeks ago
    I like the concept, it's pretty subtle. As biotwist said, the eye slit may be too subtle, is there something that could be done with the red streamer...maybe into a bat wing or more of a cape type streamer?
    152 weeks ago
    Good call on the Cape design in the red area, I'll work on it.
    152 weeks ago
    i like the color combos
    152 weeks ago
    Here are some new versions:

Gotham-Knights-T2.png
    Gotham-Knights-T-1.png
    152 weeks ago
    Definitely like the second one with the grey and black cape, however I feel like now you're losing the "1939"... perhaps if you moved it down slightly and brought the numbers in a wee bit? I don't know... but definitely looks cool, and I really like subtlety
    152 weeks ago
    I like the cape look idea on the streamer, but maybe have it lay down a little more like the original example? As it is now, it looks like he's either facing a hard wind or it's a stiff fixture. the second one with the gray highlight looks better to me, too.
    152 weeks ago
    Better, Worse, Closer?

Gotham-Knights-T-2.png
    152 weeks ago
    I like your idea, and I know less than nothing about the batman comics, but I've seen a lot of pictures of the Gotham Rogues scenes from the upcoming Nolan movie. I just think that with that already established Gotham football team, you might not have a ton of luck with this one?
    What ever happened to the Rogues design you were working on?
    152 weeks ago
    I submitted it, but I don't think it will get made because it's not a parody.