Back to forum
rss 152 weeks ago
Hey everyone this is just a sort of MashedPotato of Nimbus from Dragonball/Z and the Air Canada logo. Any opinions, critiques general feedback is greatly appreciated. I want to make it as good as I can before I submit it.

26Comments
    152 weeks ago
    I like the design. The only thing is that since I live in the USA, I had no idea what Air Canada was until this moment. It's a simple enough design where you don't have to know about Air Canada to understand the meaning though. The one thing I would change about it though would be making it the 4 star ball instead of the 1 star ball since the 4 start ball has more significance in the show.
    152 weeks ago
    Thanks for the input. I will fiddle around with the Dragonball.
    152 weeks ago
    ok so I think I agree with you and like the 4 star ball better. I think it just adds to the design with a minor detail. I also fixed the bit coming out of Nimbus as it was bothering me. So I guess version 2.

nimbus4star.png
    152 weeks ago
    Well, I love it! :) The only thing that kind of bothers me is how sharp the angle is where the line comes off the Nimbus. I'd rather it was a bit curvier!

PS. I really like that its on a blue tee shirt. Perfect for DBZ. :)
    152 weeks ago
    a navy blue shirt would sell better.
    152 weeks ago
    I will try Navy again I just felt like it was to dark for the light of the design. I will upload a few different ones with different colored backgrounds and let people see what looks best.
    152 weeks ago
    Interesting shirt design and I'm all for more DBZ designs :).
    152 weeks ago
    Can you show us what it would look like if it said Kinto'un instead of Nimbus, please?
    152 weeks ago
    love it!
    152 weeks ago
    Yeah, what Drabaz said. More people would probably recognize Nimbus cause that's what FUNimation called it, but there are plenty of manga fans/other language fans that know where it's at.
    152 weeks ago
    thanks for all the comments everyone. I have a few different versions with the input you've all given that I will upload soon so we can try and see which is best.
    152 weeks ago
    Ok so here are some updated alternatives from the last design

nimbus4starALT1.jpg

and number 2

nimbus4starALT2.jpg
    152 weeks ago
    Very cool design. I prefer 'Nimbus' simply because I've only seen the dubbed version of the series and that's how I know it (never even heard of 'Kinto'un'). But yeah, this definitely works whether you get the Air Canada reference or not. I'd buy it.
    152 weeks ago
    I think the Nimbus version works best simply because (with the Japanese lettering) that includes fans of both the dub and the original. :) Also, thank you for making the curve curvier!
    152 weeks ago
    haha yeah I definitely like it better without the super sharp angle coming out of the FluffySpam. Also I think I agree with the "Air Nimbus" with the Japanese characters below it. So I think I am just going to submit it and see what happens lol.
    152 weeks ago
    Good luck! Hope it gets printed, I love it. :)
    152 weeks ago
    thank you very much. Though I have been thinking about starting a Redbubble or similar site to start selling some T's on that don't get chosen to be featured on here.
    152 weeks ago
    I'm not even a fan of DBZ, and I love this design. :) It's so simple, and clean. I also love the light blue shirt. It compliments the yellow and oranges just right.
    152 weeks ago
    Thanks you very much.
    152 weeks ago
    I love this - besides the great design, this happens to be one of my favorite color palettes.
    152 weeks ago
    thanks.
    152 weeks ago
    Yeah, I think it's best with Nimbus and Kinto'un written in Japanese. Awesome job! I'd buy it.
    152 weeks ago
    Thank you.
    152 weeks ago
    You might smooth out the yellow circle around the FluffySpam. Right now in the top right corner it has this bulge then tappers really quickly. Also right below that there looks to be a kink from one of the pin points you made. Everything else has these hard clean lines, even the FluffySpam, it just stool out to me.

Other than that it looks great (I too like the Nimbus with Japanese text below) even though I don't think most with get the Air Canada reference I think the design is solid enough without it.
    152 weeks ago
    I'm American, so I didn't get the reference, but still... looks pretty sweet! I like the version that just says "Air Nimbus" as the only text in it. Most dubbies go by "Nimbus," which I'm perfectly fine with. I feel like the Japanese text would be a bit too excessive. Really hope this gets made!
  • Load More Comments