Back to forum
rss 139 weeks ago
What do you guys think? I really want this to get picked up! :D

Westen Security by ~Onimar on deviantART

Click to Enlarge
19Comments
    139 weeks ago
    I've been lagging it on the other 2 WIP i posted on here and havent been able to work on them, but i finished this atleast.
    139 weeks ago
    idk what this is referencing :/
    139 weeks ago
    Burn Notice
    139 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: idk what this is referencing :/

Its Burn Notice :D
    139 weeks ago
    Ha I was just watching Burn Notice earlier tonight! Awesome! We need more Burn Notice designs around here :)

I like the design, but I don't think the words at the bottom need that much distress, if any. Otherwise, great work and kudos for spelling "Westen" right :P
    139 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: Ha I was just watching Burn Notice earlier tonight! Awesome! We need more Burn Notice designs around here :)

I like the design, but I don't think the words at the bottom need that much distress, if any. Otherwise, great work and kudos for spelling "Westen" right :P

haha thanks. i have a few episodes still lined up on hulu. too busy to watch. we definitely need more, its probably one of the more under-represented shows out there. I'll try one with no distress on the bottom text. And thank you :D i had to google it haha first time i spelled it Weston, and I was like...that doesnt sound right. Then to the imdb page i went and confirmed the spelling.
    139 weeks ago
    hows this? i'm not sure if the clean bottom text changed anything tho.

Westen Security v2 by ~Onimar on deviantART
    139 weeks ago
    139 weeks ago
    wow. ok on the preview it shows, but on the post it doesnt. anyways just click the link, it leads to a larger view.
    139 weeks ago
    going to try it one more time. here goes.

Westen Security v2 by ~Onimar on deviantART

139 weeks ago
    Yes, much easier to read! :)
    139 weeks ago
    thanks. so should i submit this build or..not yet?
    139 weeks ago
    commandment XI: THOU SHALT NOT USE COMIC SANS! EVER!!

every single time you use comic sans a kitty gets mauled by wild bears or something

sorry, that font is an absolute no-go. always. no exceptions

>> bancomicsans.com
    139 weeks ago
    ^ THIS THIS THIS THIS

Comic Sans was a font built for use around children and the likes. The design can be really awesome if you changed the font. Comic Sans does not really relate, at all, to Burn Notice's theme and style. Try going for a font a bit more serious, such as, well, pretty much anything, haha. Also, I would avoid a handwritten font, as what Weston does is very professional and not a babysitting service :/

Other than that, the design is great! Change that and you should be good to go :D
    139 weeks ago
    thanks haha people have been telling me this. I need to find a more Burn notice-y font. this was the first font on my photoshop setup and i just typed away haha
    139 weeks ago
    Ok, no more comic sans. opinions? click to see, embed may not work.

Westen Security v3 by ~Onimar on deviantART

139 weeks ago
    ok this the most recent version. feedback plz :D

Westen Security v4 by ~Onimar on deviantART

139 weeks ago
    srsly so much better now!
    139 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: srsly so much better now!

thanks! im making a few final changes then i'll submit it