Back to forum
rss 153 weeks ago
What do you guys think? Seems maybe a tad bare but I still like it, who's got some awesome additions?

Miranda Reavers
8Comments
    153 weeks ago
    Not bad, but too clean, especially for a reaver design, and that looks more like a troll or something rather than a Reaver.

I'm not the best judge, though, the sports team logos are so far away from my preferred style. I love the company logos/business designs based on pop culture items, but the sports team ones just never work for me. The closest thing has been the brilliant Quidditch designs that TeeFury has featured. Those work, but stuff like this just sticks out too much and never fits with the actual tone of the show/book/movie/game it's based off of.
    153 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: Stuff like this just sticks out too much and never fits with the actual tone of the show/book/movie/game it's based off of.

This was my first thought. It's an interesting idea for a design, but not many Firefly fans are going to support the Reavers, so it's not so much of a OH I LOVE THEM instabuy as a Browncoat design. It also doesn't make sense for it to be shades of brown, because brown is for the good guys.

That said, in general I think the sports logos are overdone now, and I'd much rather see something different, especially about Reavers. SeckzBobOmb is right, too- it's much too clean and doesn't really look like a Reaver.
    153 weeks ago
    I love Firefly and have bought every related shirt since I've become acquainted with TeeFury. But, I wouldn't buy a Reaver shirt. I'd rather see a shirt that highlights some other aspect of the series. Just my personal opinion though.
    152 weeks ago
    You could try the Miranda Reaver-Slayers or something like that and maybe even feature River.
    152 weeks ago
    If you want to stay with the Reaver theme, maybe try adding a couple of their busted-up ships in the background somewhere. When I think of the reavers, that's what I envision.

While it's a solid design,I agree with Zeta.. does anybody care about the reavers? Unless there's some really ironic/funny bit worked into the design, I probably would pass on buying this one. Good luck!
    152 weeks ago
    nah, Reavers are awesome

but for the design: they are not just awesome (as in "awesome concept of the Firefly 'verse"), they're also dirty, evil, sick and twisted really effed up somehow ... the design is too clean, too -dare I say- harmless.

to make it Reaver, it must by scary, uncomfortable, somewhat out of line ... and it just needs to be red & black

152 weeks ago
    Hmm I will I have to mull this over. I guess the reason I went with reavers is because they are feared by everyone in the galaxy and that's what you want in a mascot. Nobody likes hurricanes or cyclones but those still make good team logos for sports. There seems to be a common theme with the cleanliness of the design (which actually makes me happy because it means my skills are getting better) so I will try to slash it up and bloody it up and perhaps change the colors. Thanks guys
    152 weeks ago
    I agree. If you're going to go pro-Reaver, it's got to incorporate the red and black of the ships. In the Firefly 'Verse, Brown is for the "good guys."