Back to forum
rss 139 weeks ago
Hey all, this is a submission I've been working on. I think it's finished, but I thought I'd get some opinions and advice from the community. Just to add, this is my first submission

Let me know what ya'll think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
13Comments
    139 weeks ago
    I personally think that it's rad but I can tell you with at least 99.9% certainty that it won't be printed here because it's not family friendly with the tagline. Maybe ditch that and come up with something else that's clever and pg and it's got a really good shot.
    139 weeks ago
    Yeah, I thought that could be a problem. It looks fine without the line, so I'll probably lose it alltogether rather than coming up with another. Most of Jesse's best lines include swearing, which smurf for this.
    139 weeks ago
    even just ditch the lettering i'd still buy that bad boy
    139 weeks ago
    honestly, i LOVE Br Ba, but I would NEVER EVER wear a shirt with meth on it... I think most Br Ba fans might have a problem with it too :(
    139 weeks ago
    I think hope most fans can appreciate the light hearted nature of the piece. It's not like I have him inhaling it, or holding a pipe in his other hand. It looks nothing like the real thing, and I hope the curators can be reasonable and realise that 99% of people wouldn't even guess that it's meth. Also, what's the difference between a shirt with a cartoony depiction of a drug and a shirt that has a cartoony depiction of blood?
    139 weeks ago
    that's a fair question. i just wouldnt wear meth. i'm not sure why it's different in my mind, it just is. believe me, i'm not discrediting you or your design, it's quite clever. i just know that i wouldn't wear a shirt with a spoon full of meth on it and i don't think i'm alone in that...
    139 weeks ago
    I think you both raise interesting questions about what "pg" means or ought to. It's true I wouldn't wear a shirt with meth on it, but, as a parent, I also won't buy any shirt with guns on it, and that rules out a LOT of TF shirts.
    139 weeks ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Guess that's why i never wanted to be a parent
    139 weeks ago
    I have to say, I will never understand why the mere image of a gun is too much for a parent to purchase...the image of a gun is no less pg than that of a FluffySpam or a rainbow. The intent of it's use not withstanding, it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Illegal drugs and contraband are totally different topics, though. There is no intended use for meth other than an illegal and destructive one. Guns are a different subject, though. I still remember people being up in arms about Guns N Roses shirts back in the day for their depiction of a handgun.

I will never understand it, and if I become a parent, I cannot see myself sensoring my child that much. There is so much people are unwilling to expose their children to and almost none of it makes sense.
    139 weeks ago
    They printed Cpt Ribman's cussing shirt so I don't know if its that big of a deal. I wouldn't wear a shirt with meth on it too.
    139 weeks ago
    Thin the Meth might be a problem

Nice design and great concept though. Love Breaking Bad
    139 weeks ago
    Think*
    139 weeks ago
    Sorry- don't want to hijack this post too much to talk about my own view on guns, but just to quickly respond to some of the questions SeckzBobOmb raised. It's not about censoring my children or telling them what they can say, wear, or like. It's about what values I choose to promote to my children. And in my hometown, gun violence kills so many youth, I just can't celebrate it on my shirt.

@Heisenberg- sorry to distract from the art, and keep up the good work!