Back to forum
rss 153 weeks ago
Here's an idea I've been kicking around. I reckon it could actually mean two different things depending on the gender of the wearer. What's every ones thoughts.

16Comments
    153 weeks ago
    Two negatives I can see already, and it about sums up the design. First off, you just filtered an official picture of Captain Hammer. Hardly call it art, and that could end up preventing it from being picked. Second, the text on a scroll thing is really overdone right now. Way too many scroll designs IMO. I love Doctor Horrible, and would love a Captain Hammer shirt, but this isn't doing it for me man. Sorry.
    153 weeks ago
    Well i was thinking of this as a more corporate piece. That's why I stuck with the pose you know. As far as it being just filtered. Not true. It was processed for lights and then darks in Photoshop. Then the two files were brought into Illustrator for live tracing to get the facial features right. I compiled the two resulting images to get a recognizable face. Then using my Wacom tablet and the pencil tool I drew the shirt, gloves, and arms using the original photo as a reference. I then filled the image using 2 PMS colors in full and halftones to get some detail and dimension. Then I added the yellow in the portrait for some color. In the end, I got a 2 spot color vector illustration that's easily recognized. I did put some real work into it and not just push a button. Still, I may have had a judgement error in using the "popular" portrait. Any one else have any thoughts? As for the scrolls, I am uncertain about them as well. It looks sort of like a bottle label. Which I suppose works with the word play that's happening. I do appreciate the critique though.
    BTW, has anyone started your Rory-The Last Centurion idea that you know of? It's brilliant. I find myself tempted if it's not already being pursued.
    153 weeks ago
    Go for it dude. You can set it up however you want, but this is how I'd do it if I had any artistic ability whatsoever. I'd just do a parody of this poster http://nathanielthompson.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/the-last-of-the-mohicans.jpg?w=686&h=1024 with Rory in that pose and then the people fighting behind him would be like Cybermen or Sontaran Warriors. Then at the top it'd say RORY WILLIAMS and then at the bottom THE LAST OF THE CENTURIANS. I'd buy that for $10.
    151 weeks ago
    Here is my latest revision. I've kind of gone in a different direction. I still like the original tag line. Maybe I'll go back to it later, but I also thought of a new tag. What are your thoughts.
    Hammer-Time.png
    151 weeks ago
    I like this design MUCH better personally! Unfortunately Fillion still looks like he's filtered, even if he's not :( That, and the top part of the E in TIME is suuuuper long haha. Other than that, I like it! I especially like the shirt color. Good choice! And his pose works well for the tagline :D
    151 weeks ago
    Love the hammer time one! I would so buy it.
    151 weeks ago
    chirmer said: I like this design MUCH better personally! Unfortunately Fillion still looks like he's filtered, even if he's not :( That, and the top part of the E in TIME is suuuuper long haha. Other than that, I like it! I especially like the shirt color. Good choice! And his pose works well for the tagline :D

+1

just center "Time" under "Hammer"...it just looks really weird with that long E
    151 weeks ago
    Hammer-Time2.png

Latest round of revisions. I've simplified the color pallet to White, Black, PMS 116 Yellow, and PMS 4755 tan with their various halftones on a blue shirt.
    151 weeks ago
    I preferred the version before this one with the brown hammer time - as long as the 'e' was fixed :)
    151 weeks ago
    Hammer-Time2a.png I'm thinking the brown copy may be worth the extra color. What are your thoughts? Blue or Brown text?
    151 weeks ago
    i like the brown text better. It is too blue the other way.
    151 weeks ago
    I am not sure about the image of Captain Hammer. I really like the overall concept and I really REALLY want a clock where hammers have replaced all the numbers.
    151 weeks ago
    What about the Cpt Hammer image? I think it's important to convey the pun.
    151 weeks ago
    I like the original tagline "I got hammered" better than "Hammer Time."
    151 weeks ago
    Yeah, I'm gonna revisit the original idea. I'm thinking about changing the original tag to "Let's Get Hammered". I've got a new character Illustration completed. I just need to finalize the rest of the art.
    151 weeks ago
    Ooh, I like "Let's Get Hammered." Can't wait to see what you've got.