What would you specifically like to see?
18Comments
    139 weeks ago
    While I know it's not particularly specific, I always preferred shirts that were a bit more subtle, such as references to Quidditch or shops in Diagon Alley instead of shirts with just a picture of Harry saying "Harry Potter is Cool".
    139 weeks ago
    something to do with Luna? maybe?
    139 weeks ago
    A mash up of Doctor Who and Harry Potter. Because, in Goblet of Fire, the Weasley's tent is bigger on the inside. (Unfortunately I have no idea how you would execute this...)
    139 weeks ago
    I'm not a huge fan of the shop/team t-shirts -- simply because it seems like there have been so many lately! But I agree that i'd prefer a reference that was more subtle that only true Potter fans would understand.

Just some random suggestions: S.P.E.W., the school song, sorting hat, any of the spells...

I also support anything related to AVPM :)
    139 weeks ago
    Neville freaking longbottom and his bad-a**ness would be fantastic.
    139 weeks ago
    I really like the idea of either an AVPM shirt or a spell shirt. The two ideas I have are either:

1) A Rumbleroar themed shirt
    2) Maybe a wand casting a spell with some kind of slogan? I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but the idea I was thinking of was something to do with expelliarmus.

I think the expelliarmus shirt would be cool because in The Deathly Hallows Lupin tells Harry that the death eaters think of it as Harry's trademark, so it's something that only true fans would really get.

Hope this helps!
    139 weeks ago
    i can't think of anything specific at the moment, but i do have some quality suggestions.

I'm a huge HP fan. i bought snitches be crazy, potter and nimbus brooms, masters of death, the quidditch house outfitters shirts, G-crest, etc. i've probably bought 85% of all HP related shirts from this website. the ones i didn't buy were still cool and i wanted them, but i chose not to buy them for one main reason. THEY'RE ALL BLACK. accio brains, death eaters, magic training corps. they're all black. Don't get me wrong, i love black shirts, the majority of my wardrobe is black. but that's mainly because i have like 7 HP shirts from teefury that are all black. whenever i see an hp shirt that's not black, it's insta-buy. when it is black, well... i'll probably still buy it, but you know what i'm trying to say..

My suggestions:
    1. try to avoid black shirts.
    2. keep it simple. the snitches be crazy shirt is just so cool and it's such a simple concept. same thing with hogwarts mail, potter and nimbus, quidditch house outfitters. they're all simple designs. I love my g-crest shirt, but sometimes i just feel like there's just too much going on in the design. too "loud," if you will..
    3. fans on this site tend to be more partial towards "obscure" references. I'll probably be on here every day like usual, and if i think of anything particularly awesome, i'll drop by to let you know.

Something i've been kind of interested in is a "harry potter seasonal" t-shirt idea.. if you had some sort of halloween HP tee that got sold sometime in early october, you'd make "phat cash." If you're an avid reader, you'll know that:
    1. voldemort attempted to kill the potter family on Halloween. ]
    2. sorcerer's/philosopher's stone- harry and ron fight the troll that quirrel lets into the dungeon on halloween.
    3. prisoner of azkaban- Sirius Black (a.k.a. The MAN) slices up the Fat Lady's portrait to break into Gryffindor tower. on halloween.

just some ideas. I'd like to see that type of seasonal shirt to go along with halloween and later christmas. but those are some really cool things that happened on halloween in HP that i'm sure alot of people would agree would make a sweet shirt.

as a side note, what's going on with your "please drink responsibly" design? that is awesome and it needs to be subbed, accepted, and sold so that i may purchase it. it's another example of a simple design that's just so cool!

139 weeks ago
    Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions so far :)
    139 weeks ago
    jpsenior said: i can't think of anything specific at the moment, but i do have some quality suggestions.

I'm a huge HP fan. i bought snitches be crazy, potter and nimbus brooms, masters of death, the quidditch house outfitters shirts, G-crest, etc. i've probably bought 85% of all HP related shirts from this website. the ones i didn't buy were still cool and i wanted them, but i chose not to buy them for one main reason. THEY'RE ALL BLACK. accio brains, death eaters, magic training corps. they're all black. Don't get me wrong, i love black shirts, the majority of my wardrobe is black. but that's mainly because i have like 7 HP shirts from teefury that are all black. whenever i see an hp shirt that's not black, it's insta-buy. when it is black, well... i'll probably still buy it, but you know what i'm trying to say..

My suggestions:

1. try to avoid black shirts.

2. keep it simple. the snitches be crazy shirt is just so cool and it's such a simple concept. same thing with hogwarts mail, potter and nimbus, quidditch house outfitters. they're all simple designs. I love my g-crest shirt, but sometimes i just feel like there's just too much going on in the design. too "loud," if you will..

3. fans on this site tend to be more partial towards "obscure" references. I'll probably be on here every day like usual, and if i think of anything particularly awesome, i'll drop by to let you know.

Something i've been kind of interested in is a "harry potter seasonal" t-shirt idea.. if you had some sort of halloween HP tee that got sold sometime in early october, you'd make "phat cash." If you're an avid reader, you'll know that:

1. voldemort attempted to kill the potter family on Halloween. ]

2. sorcerer's/philosopher's stone- harry and ron fight the troll that quirrel lets into the dungeon on halloween.

3. prisoner of azkaban- Sirius Black (a.k.a. The MAN) slices up the Fat Lady's portrait to break into Gryffindor tower. on halloween.

just some ideas. I'd like to see that type of seasonal shirt to go along with halloween and later christmas. but those are some really cool things that happened on halloween in HP that i'm sure alot of people would agree would make a sweet shirt.

as a side note, what's going on with your "please drink responsibly" design? that is awesome and it needs to be subbed, accepted, and sold so that i may purchase it. it's another example of a simple design that's just so cool!

Thanks for your insights and suggestions :) The seasonal theme is a good idea.

As for my Drinking t-shirt, it's work in process! :) I've been a little busy to add to it atm, but I will probably add the phrase is some form - Deciding whether a modern font or traditional scteefurycopy writing is the way to go.
    139 weeks ago
    Woops, *tradional writing is the way to go.
    139 weeks ago
    Not black, if you can do a nice colour like green or red it would be good, because there are hardly any shirts that colour on TeeFury and especially not many HP shirts on here, though I understand that red and green will be common for HP shirts on other sites or IRL, as that is gryffindor and slytherin colours. I would like something obscure for the true fan. And I am absolutely obsessed with a very potter musical and I think you would get a fair few buys if you made an AVPM shirt, especially with the tight-knit starkid communities on facebook. tumblr and twitter who would spread it and get publicity. While there obviously are Starkid t-shirts available on the ann arbor t-shirt company site, they are expensive and it ends up costing like $25 at least with shipping. So yeah a rumbleroar or other AVPM shirt would be amazing, if you are actually a Starkid fan. But yeah if you're sticking to HP, something obscure and not black.
    139 weeks ago
    I agree with Caitlin. There have been a lot of black shirts recently, so some colour would make it stand out and people would be more likely to accept the submission/buy it.
    139 weeks ago
    I always thought a shirt that was like those tuxedo t-shirts but with Hogwarts robes would be cool (and über dorky), hehe :B

AVPM idea -- something to do with Hufflepuffs being good finders? haha

I also thought like, a Chudley Cannons, or any other professional quidditch team shirt would be cool as well. Especially as a play off a soccer jersey type shirt, versus the american sports team logo play that's been really crazy popular lately.

Just some ideas to bounce around! I can't wait to see what you come up with :D
    137 weeks ago
    Now that the last films out a subtle throw back to Philosophers stone would be quite nice.

I also concur, you can't go wrong with Rumbleroar or Pigfarts -_-
    137 weeks ago
    with the release of pottermore, you can draw off some of the illustration styles that would really draw the loyal fans in, without being blatantly "IM A HARRY POTTER FAN".

possibly the 7 quills from the search?
    or you could play with the pottermore font.

and whoever said "its bigger on the inside" about the weasley tent is a genius

i agree that a lot of the hp shirts have been black, so avoid that if you can
    137 weeks ago
    OK, looking at the other posts, I've pulled together two possible ideas. I think the Harry Potter/Doctor Who MashedPotato sounds great, maybe you could do a silhouette of Harry with a white scar on his forehead but with the 11th doctor hair style. He could be setting up the tent with his wand, but with a green light at the end like a sonic screwdriver.

Or, if you don't feel like involving Doctor Who, you could do a Cedric Diggory shirt where Cedric is picking up the 7 magical quills and then underneath in the pottermore font could be the slogan "Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!".

137 weeks ago
    *mash up. The "MashedPotato" was a really weird auto correct.
    137 weeks ago
    how about just a good idea? I wait for a good concept before I draw just fan art