Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
Here is something I submitted a while back with some updates. This design is giving me hell and I really need the community help to remedy the situation. At the moment it is cluttered and unpolished but other than that any suggestions on how to encorporate the totems while balancing it out?

Ariadne and Associates
9Comments
    140 weeks ago
    Interesting...maybe have him walking UNDER the steps? I get the illusion you're trying to pull off but it does look weird once you really stare at it, but if he was walking upside down and you hid his shoes so it LOOKED like he was taking steps but angled, it might work better. Just a suggestion. Great idea.

Also what does that guy walking have to do with Ellen Page's character? You seem to have made her the highlight of it but then showed someone else walking.
    140 weeks ago
    Dude.. it's called a LOGO. Don't you get it ?

Great design, love it, hope it gets printed
    140 weeks ago
    noelpenn said: Dude.. it's called a LOGO. Don't you get it ?

Great design, love it, hope it gets printed

to be more clear, i think OP is trying to make a company (owned by Ariadne & Associates of course) logo specializing on "dream architecture"(?)
    140 weeks ago
    The guy walking is actually an optical illusion. If you stare at it long enough the perspective will change otherwise cover up one of the guys and you should see correct perspective (inspired by the optical illusion staircase from the movie). The guy is just supposed to be an everyday joe.
    140 weeks ago
    I really like the two people on the stairs, I think it's perfect for an Inception design. And I like the way you incorporated all of their totem things.

I'm not totally in love with your slogan at the bottom. Maybe if you just put the sky is no longer the limit without quotation marks? I think that's a weird brain thing I have though, because I hate it when quotation marks are on separate lines.
    140 weeks ago
    I think if you made the design "thinner" i.e. making the guys on the steps closer together and making the oval design element thinner, you would eliminate a lot of the negative space that is currently just a bit overpowering. The slogan in the lower section could run on the outside of the newly thinned oval, or just dropped altogether. I think you are very close! Keep at it, I'll buy it!
    139 weeks ago
    I really like the idea, my suggestions would be: Change the quote at the bottom to incorporate something to do with "messing with the physics of it all" Second I think a penrose staircase in the middle with much smaller people would be better. 200px-Impossible_staircase.svg.png
    But I want to make clear, that I really like the design and will probably buy it either way, just thought you would like some input. Great work.
    139 weeks ago
    The penrose staircase was something I tried originally but it didn't look good in the original design. Perhaps now that I've shuffled some things I'll revisit it. Thanks I'll keep you posted
    139 weeks ago
    If the penrose staircase doesn't work I have another suggestion:

Make the oval wider on the horizontal axis. Make the light brown interior oval an overlay with a maze design and bring the text "Ariadne & Associates: Architects of you dreams" over top of that in the middle. And then get rid of the tag line at the bottom or change it to something to do with messing with physics.

Just my thoughts, hope they help.