Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
Even the Doctor has to make money somehow, and why not by selling food on a street corner?

Photobucket

I'd appreciate any feedback you can give. Thanks.
15Comments
    153 weeks ago
    Oh no! it's not on the first page! Oh, now it is.
    153 weeks ago
    How about this?

Photobucket
    153 weeks ago
    DoctorWhy said: How about this?

Photobucket

I think it's quite good. Great job!
    153 weeks ago
    I don't watch the show, but from just looking at this piece right away I can see that there is something funky going on with the perspective. I don't know how far along you are but your image as it sits now is very flat.

Pick a light source and start adding shadows and highlights.

Find your vanishing point and make adjustments to the perspective.

The text inside the boxes don't need to fill out the entire box. If you feel that the text might get too small, why not try putting up a sandwich board style menu next to the stand.

The guy inside needs some shadows and highlights to bring him to life. He looks like he is made of paper right now.

Like I said earlier, I don't watch the show, so I cannot comment on the reference or idea. With some adjustments you can make this work. Have at it!
    153 weeks ago
    Have K9 next to the stand holding up one of those big signs with all the info on; on the TARDIS, the text looks cramped and its perspective is off. Moving the info away from the stand would resolve both of these problems, whilst also making the actual design more exciting and full. Fantastic idea - though; with a few tweaks, it could be an instasbuy; I hope to see it on the front page very soon!
    153 weeks ago
    Have K9 next to the stand holding up one of those big signs with all the info on; on the TARDIS, the text looks cramped and its perspective is off. Moving the info away from the stand would resolve both of these problems, whilst also making the actual design more exciting and full. Fantastic idea though - with a few tweaks, it could be an instasbuy; I hope to see it on the front page very soon!
    153 weeks ago
    Have K9 next to the stand holding up one of those big signs with all the info on; on the TARDIS, the text looks cramped and its perspective is off. Moving the info away from the stand would resolve both of these problems, whilst also making the actual design more exciting and full. Fantastic idea though - with a few tweaks, it could be an instasbuy; I hope to see it on the front page very soon!
    153 weeks ago
    I dont like it at all.
    153 weeks ago
    The idea could be fine with some work to the actual design.

As said above, more shadows and highlighting. The perspective is a bit off, especially the signs on the box. If the TARDIS is angled, the signs would be drawn in the same plane. I hate the font--it looks like an MS paint text job. I like the idea of a sandwich board menu style.
    153 weeks ago
    The idea could be fine with some work to the actual design.

As said above, more shadows and highlighting. The perspective is a bit off, especially the signs on the box. If the TARDIS is angled, the signs would be drawn in the same plane. I hate the font--it looks like an MS paint text job. I like the idea of a sandwich board menu style.
    153 weeks ago
    The Doctor has a crazy Willy Wonka look on his face. I don't like it =/
    153 weeks ago
    what's with people posting the same comments over and over again ?

(hope to jeebus this one doesn't)
    153 weeks ago
    I am a Whovian but the concept does not appeal to me at all. Like, why think of this? It's not even much of a reference to the show and it's not like there's anything to 'get'. And the art is not very good, it looks like it was drawn on keynote.
    152 weeks ago
    I am seriously not feeling this design at all. As a big Doctor Who fan, I guess I just don't get the humor of the design. Also, the Doctor's face is a lot on the creepy side. The artwork looks like it was done in MS Paint - kind of unfinished and flat.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful - this design needs a lot of help.
    152 weeks ago
    1. Not a fan of classic Who.

2. Even if I was, that design is really quite bad... it simply doesn't look professional.