Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
This is my Deadpool design inspired by his Marvel VS Capcom 3 incarnation. Please critique.

Deadpool BANG BANG BANG Logo by ~Onimar on deviantART

It is based off his MVC 3 Level 1 Hyper Combo, specifically when it is spammed.

13Comments
    140 weeks ago
    i get what you are going for, but here are the things i think are holding the design back:

A) I think a text BG with a color overlay is disorienting.

B) A reference to a specific move from a specific character from a specific game is tooooooooo obscure.

Recommended Fixes:

A) Red shirt, black image. or the other way around.

B) Rather than referencing a singular event, find several words that revolve around deadpool that build a more instant recognition.
    140 weeks ago
    look into joshmirm's work: http://www.teefury.com/archive/1263/Definition_Of_A_Turtle/
    140 weeks ago
    This /could/ work, but I just think TeeFury isn't your target demographic. I've a big fan of the fighting game scene, and an ever bigger fan of Street Fighter 2 Turbo.*

I have a few designs done/in the works I've considered posting on the forums here just for artistic feedback, but totally don't expect everyone to get it or understand the references.

In regards to your piece, Dakin was spot on. I think maybe instead of just using "bang" you should use all the moves from his movelist if you're trying to keep with the MVC3 theme, otherwise it's just a Deadpool shirt. Maybe even throw in some words from the MVC3 scene "Salty, Pringles, Hype, Magic pixel" etc.

Also with the arrangement you have right now, I see a peace sign. With some work, you can definitely work with what you've got though.

Find the right outlet, there's a market for this stuff right now. Fighting game scene is hot!

*MisterPhame on PSN for HD remix matches
    139 weeks ago
    Thanks for the input guys.
    139 weeks ago
    Just a reminder, guys- we do ask that you NOT discuss other competing sites on TeeFury :)

(I've edited the comment in question)
    139 weeks ago
    Dang man, why did you have to edited it. Why don't we have an "edit comment" button, where you can tell us what not to say, and we'll edit it our self.
    139 weeks ago
    MJ said: Just a reminder, guys- we do ask that you NOT discuss other competing sites on TeeFury :)

(I've edited the comment in question)

I apologize for that. I was unaware of the rule. thanks for editing it :D
    139 weeks ago
    Full disclosure: I'd be interested in it because it was a Deadpool shirt, not because it had anything to do with a video game. As such, I'd like to see it be more overtly "Deadpool'y." I think making the red, black and white more salient would be good. The image you used also looks similar to the logo used in the Deadpool & Cable run (i.e. the shape of the eyes), so maybe you could incorporate some words derived from that source if you wanted to mix things up.
    139 weeks ago
    One of the big problems with a Deadpool shirt is that Marvel comics already makes so many great Deadpool shirts already. I think if you use deadpool you have to find a way that's new and original and that Marvel wouldn't do, or hasn't already done.
    138 weeks ago
    ZetaBodhi said: Full disclosure: I'd be interested in it because it was a Deadpool shirt, not because it had anything to do with a video game. As such, I'd like to see it be more overtly "Deadpool'y." I think making the red, black and white more salient would be good. The image you used also looks similar to the logo used in the Deadpool & Cable run (i.e. the shape of the eyes), so maybe you could incorporate some words derived from that source if you wanted to mix things up.

yeah im on hold on this design, im slowly gathering more deadpool quotes as i work through my other designs then i will come back to this when i feel i have enough. as for making the red white and black more noticeable...idk how to make them more obvious since the background color i put makes them really pop, though idk how that translates over to print colors so i'll try figuring something out, thanks for the feedback
    138 weeks ago
    are you trying to stay in the videogame genre or are you exploring comics and everything else?
    138 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: are you trying to stay in the videogame genre or are you exploring comics and everything else?

for the deadpool thing? im exploding the comics and games. shirt designs? everything!!! :D
    138 weeks ago
    lol exploding haha exploring i mean