Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
So, Does anyone know what a mameshiba is? That's the first question. I pretty much spend most of my spare time drawing these things. For those of you who don't know they are pretty much bean dogs who suddenly give pretty useless trivia at the most inopportune times, and always begin with "Did you know?". If you don't know what they are, you should look them up. :)
Anyways, once you understand that part...the rest if hopefully self explanatory.

It's in the VERY early stages of development. Anyone got any ideas? Too obscure? Not good enough? Let met know. I'd really appreciate it. :)
(Ignore the fact that Luke and Vader are too close together right now.)
12Comments
    140 weeks ago
    i... i am lost... i'm sorry. my only advice is this may be too obscure.
    139 weeks ago
    I hadn't heard of mameshiba but I looked them up and I think this is a great concept! I love the idea, and if people know what they are I think it will do well. Actually, I thought they were cute even not knowing what they were :P
    139 weeks ago
    haha ok i take it back. i just looked them up too and holy smurf is there a market for a design like this! i'm not sure its TF, but a design like this, done well, could certainly find buyers.
    139 weeks ago
    Dakin_costello, I know what you mean about mameshiba being obscure, but I thought I'd try. Who knows? There could have been a legion of mameshiba lovers hiding out here.
    It doesn't look like that's the case, but I'm glad you and Surfercat looked it up, and liked it. :) Mameshiba has gained a bit of popularity lately, so I thought I'd try.

As for the design, like I said, it's incredibly rough. I made the mistake of putting this WIP on my tumblr, and it got an embarrassing amount of notes for the scribbled thing it is. So, while there's interest in it there, it might not be ready for teefury.

I'm going to keep working on it. :) I draw character mameshiba in my spare time anyway.
    139 weeks ago
    for sure! i would love to see the finished product.
    139 weeks ago
    Awesome, the finished version would be a must-buy for me!
    139 weeks ago
    This concept rules! I had no idea what Mameshiba was until just now and I totally love this design. Nicely done, can't wait to see it finished.
    139 weeks ago
    I absolutely adore this, I've gotta have this in some form! I'm not exactly keen on the font you used though, might want to try a few different ones...

Mameshibaaaa~
    139 weeks ago
    Scafl said: I absolutely adore this, I've gotta have this in some form! I'm not exactly keen on the font you used though, might want to try a few different ones...

Mameshibaaaa~

I'm glad you like it. :) And, even if Teefury doesn't want it, it'll be available in other forms, including button pins, which I make featuring many different character mameshiba. :)

As for the font, I chose it, Cooper STD, because it is the font used in the Mameshiba logo. I agree that it looks a bit off. I'll mess around with it. :)
    139 weeks ago
    Wow, that didn't even dawn on me! I guess it isn't so bad then, but it still couldn't hurt to try some others. =)
    139 weeks ago
    This is a shirt i MUST buy!! Cant wait to see the finished version and get it!
    139 weeks ago
    It looks super cute! I don't think people would need to know the reference to like this. :) I don't and I'd buy. :D (my girl genes are showing..?)