Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
Something I'm working on. Need some refining, but good enough to gather some opinions about I figured.

I wanted to do another Harry Potter shirt, but go for something really subtle.
Severus Snape is one of my favorite characters, and this design is dedicated to the love he had for Lily Potter, hence the Amortentia potion and the potions book with the scribbled revisions in there (halfblood prince potions book).

I'd love to hear what you guys think about it, perhaps you have anything you'd like to see added. Any input is welcome!
28Comments
    154 weeks ago
    Totally love it :) The artwork is beautiful
    154 weeks ago
    Dude! It looks great! The scribbled revisions are a nice touch
    154 weeks ago
    Man, that's really nice, best of luck with it. The only improvement I'd have liked to see would be the book at less of an angle and more face on, but that's-
    a) A ball ache to redraw
    b) Not really an improvement, more an unnecessary tweak.
    154 weeks ago
    Thanks so much guys :)

Think it's about done now:
    8PLuE.jpg
    154 weeks ago
    beautiful design. i really like that you allow your hand to show in the art! i'm not a harry potter guy, so i can't really comment on the individual elements that make the design but i CAN say it's gorgeous art work.
    154 weeks ago
    Beautiful. Instabuy
    154 weeks ago
    scribbled revisions are key. I've been trying to think of a caption that might make severus more apparent - but am stuck. Really nice and very creative. I'm accumulating to many T's that nobody else understands (tht I thought were obvius) already...
    154 weeks ago
    Sent it in, let's hope it gets picked.
    154 weeks ago
    i feel that, as long as the references are clear (which, again, i dont get) the art will speak for itself and it will be selected.
    153 weeks ago
    Yeah I suppose you really need to be a fan of HP to get this.

This is kind of a view on Snape and his love for Lily. As he was great at potions, he could have easily made Amortentia to make Lily fall in love with him. Maybe he even did make it at one point, but he knew it wouldn't feel like real love if he actually used it.

The various elements in the design reference potion making in general (knife, wand, book, kettle, ingredients) and Snape specifically (Halfblood prince's potions book had scribbled notes everywhere and the quill to write these notes plus the love potion ment for Lily), which should make a bell ring for the fans.
    153 weeks ago
    I love, love, love this! Let's hope they decide to print it, it's definitely an insta-buy for me! :)
    153 weeks ago
    Shirt looks great! Hope it gets printed.
    153 weeks ago
    I am in love with this! I really really really hope it gets printed!! :)
    153 weeks ago
    I would buy this with fire.
    153 weeks ago
    smuuuuuurf dude. This is the second time I looked at this one, and I just showed it too my girlfriend who is an HP fan. We are simultaneously in awe. Brilliant artwork and a heart warming story to boot!
    153 weeks ago
    That is gorgeous, I would pay for the postage to Oz for that shirt. :)
    153 weeks ago
    I would buy this in an instant. Good job :)
    153 weeks ago
    Nicely done. Really nice artwork.
    153 weeks ago
    Love this!
    153 weeks ago
    I adore this :)
    153 weeks ago
    Thanks a bunch everyone! No reply so far from Teefury though..
    150 weeks ago
    Sadly, still no reply. :(
    150 weeks ago
    I feel so disappointed - its so lovely...
    But it may just be in their queue, and may be being considered, because they must be having loads of entries...
    But I suppose you have already thought of this.
    I shan't lose hope - I really want this
    149 weeks ago
    Maybe you could work a doe-patronus in there somewhere? Then I'd totally buy it.
    149 weeks ago
    I love the image against the grey. This would be an instabuy for me. Too bad you haven't heard back :/
  • Load More Comments