Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Will the design eventually peel? I dont mind if they shrink. But I dont want them to fade or for the design to get ruined. I just wanna make sure before I buy
8Comments
    141 weeks ago
    My first ever Teefury shirt I bought at least 6 months ago and still wear regularly (once a fortnight) still looks as new, I do all my washing in cold water anyway, but that can help anything stay looking fresh
    141 weeks ago
    The peeling issue you speak of depends on the color of the shirt that the particular design is printed on. Lighter shirts - white, cream, yellow, grey - generally won't have this problem. There are some exceptions, like slightly thicker white ink being printed on grey, but these cases are generally rare.

Darker shirts on the other hand - black, navy, brown, turquoise, red - will have thicker ink applications and become prone to cracking or peeling, but in my experience even these types of prints are extremely resilient! Don't write them off as cheap iron-ons like I did at first...
    141 weeks ago
    I've been using all my shirts every opportunity I can for more than a year now. Not one of them has peeled or faded. Each and every one of them are great. The only thing I can recommend (for some folks anyway), is to not hang it on a hanger for either drying or storage. It screws up & stretches the collar quite a bit, that you look like a bum wearing it. I lost a good shirt that way, the swords collage one :(. Clip the base of the shirts to the hanger instead!

That said, I greatly prefer Teefury shirts compared to say... anothersite for that reason. They always come in nice & fitting for me. I bought a few from anothersite a couple weeks ago & I have to say there seems to be no quality control. One of the shirts had the collar stretched beyond normal. After a single use I don't think I'll be using that again. Another is stretched across the chest & the ends of the sleeves, that it almost looks & feels like a loose/short female dress. Two of the shirts were good & I've yet to wear the last one. I'll stick with TF.
    141 weeks ago
    I recommend washing the shirts inside out to help prevent this.
    141 weeks ago
    Finny93 said: I recommend washing the shirts inside out to help prevent this.

This is very good advice.

My Fiancée and I have around 30 shirts from Teefury. They do shrink a small amount, but not by much. If it fit you before you washed it, then it should be fine after.

The inking and colors on Teefury shirts are very good. Not like the traditional silk screened prints I was familiar with in the '90s, back then the colors were muted and inking was rather thick, rubbery and prone to cracking. All our Teefury shirts are still in good condition.

Also of note is that the Teefury Mens shirts (certainly in large anyway) do not have side seams. :) I am frequently irritated by other shirt brands that not only have scratchy side seams but also a totally pointless and even more scratchy side label (presumably made from the most uncomfortable synthetic material known to man). These make about as much sense as lining underwear with abrasive material. Sorry, that's my little rant but useful to know if you have sensitive skin.
    141 weeks ago
    Wash in cold and turn inside out before washing. Delighted to also note that although I generally need 3-4XL the TeeFury 2XL does fit.
    140 weeks ago
    I have shirts that I wear regularly that I bought from Teefury over 2 years ago. The designs are still there in full. They're probably not as vibrant as when I first bought them, but what shirt ever looks the same after it's first wash from when you first bought it? The designs still stand out and I get compliments on them all of the time. I've never had any issues with peeling when it comes to Teefury shirts.

Hope this helps. :)
    140 weeks ago
    What if I want to shrink it? cuz i just got a Large Gotta catch a bunch of em and it is HUGE.. Im worried about the small designs if I wash them in warm water