Back to forum
rss 140 weeks ago
I've been working on a Chuck tee shirt design, it's a Mash up of Chuck and James bond movie poster"Live and Let Die". here is the poster i'm basing the design on: http://movieposters.2038.net/p/Live-and-Let-Die.jpg

here is my WIP so far, it's still a rough pencil drawing but i'm working on it:

Photobucket

Suggestions? Comments? Questions? Etc...
45Comments
    140 weeks ago
    That is epic! I don't watch the show but the art seems spot on to me as long as you can keep it under six colors
    140 weeks ago
    Wow that is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would buy at least 2 shirts.
    140 weeks ago
    this is beyond epic. I have a few changes/additions i'd like to suggest.

Changes:
    1. Sarah's face. you just need to thin out the lower part of the face a big, she looks like she's swollen from wisdom tooth surgery :) love the orange orange outfit, pretty much spot on.
    2. i'd also suggest that you re-structure casey's jaw and neck a wee bit. Neck should be a bit wider and the jaw needs to resemble the jaw that was, to quote chuck, "chiseled by michel angelo himself."
    3. Furthermore, you might want to consider putting something other than a gun in chuck's hand. that's not what he's all about. I understand that this is a JB MashedPotato, this is the most minor of the 3 very minor changes.

Additions:
    1. I might suggest doing something with the laptop. maybe writing "Irene Demova" in the center of the screen and write "chuck" quite subtly on the bottom left next to the touch pad.
    2. Maybe throw in a "don't freak out" or a "stay in the car" on one of the cars or around the sides of the card that chuck stands in front of.

These are, obviously, very minor changes/suggestions. If you don't listen to a word i wrote, i'm still buying the shirt. The design is totes awesome and i love it. hope the constructive criticism helps.
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!

@ jpsenior:
    1. Sarah's face is supposed to slightly looking up, that's why i originally drew her like that. I will see what i can do about that.
    2.i will try to thicken his neck
    3.I wasn't so sure about the gun w/ Chuck, because he never uses them and stuff.

1.I was going to put the [CHUCK] logo on the laptop!
    2.I'll think about putting that somewhere, i'm not sure about how much type i want to put on it.

Thanks for your suggestions/crit! I'm going to keep working on it :)
    140 weeks ago
    I think it should say "Live and let Buy More," but that's just my silly brain running on no sleep and a long day.

This is an awesome design- I definitely hope you can get it printed once you finish it!
    140 weeks ago
    Oh wow! Between this and the Fringe Legacy Lanes shirt on the forums, at least one better get made and printed on TeeFury. This forum is full of good ideas that never get printed but I sincerely hope this one does. Instant buy; I can tell just from your concept art!
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I was thinking about adding a "Live and let Buy Moore" as a reference to how the Bond in Live and Let Die is played by Roger Moore. But as of now i'm going to keep it as "Live and Let Buy" and then i can always add it in.

Thanks for your support! I hope it gets printed too!
    140 weeks ago
    I very much look forward to the completion of this design!
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys!

Updated with inks:
    Photobucket
    140 weeks ago
    Im so excited!!!! I cant wait to see what it looks like finished!
    140 weeks ago
    This is awesome, can't wait to see it cleaned up and with colors.
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I was wondering if Black and White count on the print design. I've been coloring it and i have 6 colors including black and white but if they don't count then i can add more. Just a question
    140 weeks ago
    Your limit is 6 inks, if the shirt is a dark one of those will have to be white ink as an underbase.

Nice design btw. :)
    140 weeks ago
    I really like this design. I can't wait to see the finished color version! :)
    140 weeks ago
    Photobucket

Here it is colored. I was limited with the 6 colors, so i have Black,White,Red,Orange,Yellow,and Green. Hope you guys still like it! I'm going to clean it up and little bit more and then submit it
    140 weeks ago
    The colors are looking great! I will buy this regardless of what the shirt color is, considering I usually only buy dark shirts, that is saying something!
    140 weeks ago
    Just fantastic! Please post if your design gets chosen (Id like to make sure I have money put aside!) I want 2 :)
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I've finished my edits and now it's almost ready for submission! One more stupid question: Do i keep a background on it, or do i make it transparent?

I will also submit it to my redbubble account
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks guys! I've finished my edits and now it's almost ready for submission! One more stupid question: Do i keep a background on it, or do i make it transparent?

I will also submit it to my redbubble account
    140 weeks ago
    What color shirt are you planning on doing? I think transparent would be best.
    140 weeks ago
    I wasn't sure about the shirt color, I wasn't sure if I had to choose one for teefury or not. Submission complete!
    140 weeks ago
    Dude, I don't even watch the show, but this design is incredible. I would wear it just because.
    140 weeks ago
    thanks man! You should check out the show too! It's great
    140 weeks ago
    This is AWESOME! Amazing design, I'm so excited hoping this gets printed! I love it!!! :D
    140 weeks ago
    Thanks dude! Me too!

I do have it available on another site now, i'm not going to link because i think they have rules against advertising for other sites. But you could still search for it
  • Load More Comments