Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
Curious if I should submit? Don't know if if this design breaks any copyrights. If anyone knows help is appreciated.

...And any critiques are appreciated.
10Comments
    154 weeks ago
    I don't hate the design, but I also don't love it, either. I'm not the most knowledgeable Batfan, but the logo itself seems a little clip-art, and it doesn't have that immediate Bat Recognition. (not that it IS, but it definitely resembles a few logos from Madden and NFL 2K over the years from their create a team features)

I also may not be the best judge, I do not like the sports team idea, personally. I LOVE store/tavern logo's and signage as a shirt idea, but for some reason, the sports logo and the ultra forced distressed design has never won me over.

Again, it's not a bad attempt, but I'd definitely go with a more instantly recognizable character for the logo, assuming that isn't one already.
    154 weeks ago
    Gotham-Rogues-Scoreboard.jpg

This is what I was basing the logo off of, this was taken from the set of the dark knight rises.

368010653.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312836723&Signature=aJcqaYJT5%2B%2FdByAqeE0phgJAQXw%3D Version 2.0 of the design
    154 weeks ago
    As well as this:
    gothamrogues2.jpg
    154 weeks ago
    Sorry the images aren't working here is a link.
    154 weeks ago
    Posted the image in photobucket, so there shouldn't be any more issues GCR2.png
    154 weeks ago
    ha! Shows me...like I said, it's a nice design. Doesn't appeal to me, but now I must contact Chris Nolan again and tell him TO STOP RUINING THE BEST COMIC FRANCHISE IN CINEMA RIGHT NOW!

Between the terrible costume of Bane...and the WORSE costume of Catwoman and now this...makes me very sad...VERY FN SAD!

Bane looks like some terrible S&M Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Catwoman looks like a character Megan Fox would play in a Michael Bay movie (i.e. not at ALL feline)

From my most anticipated movie of them all next summer to my FOURTH most anticipated COMIC movie of the summer in less than a week. Superman looks epic by the first shot, The Amazing Spider-Man stars one of my favorite young actors and had one of my favorite trailers in a long time, and The Avengers is coming together quite nicely...

But anyway, nice design now that I see what you've taken it from.
    154 weeks ago
    First, Man of Steel has been pushed back to 2013. Second, in Nolan I trust. BB and TDK were both amazing, I don't see any reason why TDKR will be any different.

Back on topic, anyone know if there are any copyright issues with my design. I made sure to make it different from the original, but I want to make sure before I submit.

Alt Design:
    GCR3.png
    154 weeks ago
    I really dig it! Is that a Shadow reference? As for copyright, it wouldn't be any more of an issue than any of the other pop culture tees offered on this site. At least, I wouldn't think...
    153 weeks ago
    I submitted the design, I hope it gets some interest.
    153 weeks ago
    well, you have to think parody. i think this would infringe on copyright a bit. what if you styled it in the manner of an existing sports logo. i dont follow baseball, but a quick google shows me that you might be able to play off of a new york mets or new york yankees logo since gotham cirty is a fictional new york...?