Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Did there not used to be a dedicated forum thread people could post their submissions in to get feedback and visit to view others' submissions? I haven't been on here in a while, but this place has gotten very messy and disorganized. There are way too many individual submission threads, and I think this actually discourages people from viewing the threads to see what people are submitting. I would love to see a single thread for completed submissions as well as a separate one solely for ideas and works in progress. What do you say?
29Comments
    141 weeks ago
    Oh, and it should ideally be stickied to stay at the top of the forum stacks so it doesn't get lost in the mix and is readily viewable at all times.
    141 weeks ago
    Agreed!
    141 weeks ago
    I really prefer that everyone posts their on WIP thread... If everyone did it in one thread it would be ridiculously hard to keep track of who was commenting on what without reading every post.

Also, if people have their own WIP threads, it's a lot easier to see whether or not I think I could be helpful. If there's a "Doctor Who WIP" and a "Game of Thrones WIP", I'll probably only look at the DW one, because I'd be absolutely useless with the Game of Thrones.

What else are you supposed to post about on the forums, if not WIPs and submissions?
    141 weeks ago
    We stopped having an official submission thread due to some recurring issues with people stealing ideas from it (and then submitting those heavily borrowed ideas both here and, more problematically, other sites).

Posting WIP or submitted stuff in the forums is still allowed, but we ask people to be cautious about it.

We've found the individual threads to be much less of a problem in terms of stolen art/ideas, so at least for the time being that's probably how things will stay :)
    141 weeks ago
    Yeah...I was wondering about that myself! Thanx for clearing that up MJ!
    141 weeks ago
    Well, that's a bummer. I understand about the stolen ideas thing. As it stands, though, I think the forum is too messy and oversaturated. Oh well.
    141 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: I really prefer that everyone posts their on WIP thread... If everyone did it in one thread it would be ridiculously hard to keep track of who was commenting on what without reading every post.

Also, if people have their own WIP threads, it's a lot easier to see whether or not I think I could be helpful. If there's a "Doctor Who WIP" and a "Game of Thrones WIP", I'll probably only look at the DW one, because I'd be absolutely useless with the Game of Thrones.

What else are you supposed to post about on the forums, if not WIPs and submissions?

It wouldn't be hard to keep track of who's commenting on what, Petrichor -- that's what the reply/quote feature is for. Also, don't underestimate your ability to comment on a design just because it's nothing to do with a pop-culture reference you're familiar with. You know a good design or a poorly-executed design when you see it, right?
    141 weeks ago
    In my opinion, I think the individual threads are better. Then, the original poster can get notifications when someone has feedback for them instead of weeding through all of the other WIPS in hope of finding something. I don't think it's messy or disorganized, and maybe I'm new, but I think the forum would be barren without them. Just an opinion.
    141 weeks ago
    I was thinking that 3 sub-tabs in the Forum would help clean it up majorly - General tab, Buy/Sell/Trade tab and then a WIP/Critique tab. All related posts go into those areas. My two cents...
    141 weeks ago
    HtCRU said: I was thinking that 3 sub-tabs in the Forum would help clean it up majorly - General tab, Buy/Sell/Trade tab and then a WIP/Critique tab. All related posts go into those areas. My two cents...

I'd agree with that. Then people who, horror of horrors, don't like seeing new pictures of t-shirt designs on a site dedicated to selling new t-shirts can avoid them.

@beastpop
    The fact is on the internet people will complain about anything. If you don't like seeing T-shirt designs on Teefury, maybe you're in the wrong place. Or maybe you're being just a little bit silly.
    141 weeks ago
    HtCRU said: I was thinking that 3 sub-tabs in the Forum would help clean it up majorly - General tab, Buy/Sell/Trade tab and then a WIP/Critique tab. All related posts go into those areas. My two cents...

this
    141 weeks ago

+1

In fact, my first thought when I came to the forum the first time was, "Why isn't it split into sub-forums?" It may not have been necessary when the site was new, but it would make a world of difference now.
    141 weeks ago
    Chuffy said:

I'd agree with that. Then people who, horror of horrors, don't like seeing new pictures of t-shirt designs on a site dedicated to selling new t-shirts can avoid them.

@beastpop

The fact is on the internet people will complain about anything. If you don't like seeing T-shirt designs on Teefury, maybe you're in the wrong place. Or maybe you're being just a little bit silly.

Your sarcasm skills are meager. Yes, clearly I was just looking for something to complain about and I have no justification for this whatsoever. I like seeing good t-shirt designs in a well-organized fashion on TeeFury, not an overwhelming flood of scattershot designs in various stages of completion, most of which get one or no comments at all. Is that quite alright with you that I express that opinion in a polite, reasonable fashion? I'll come to you next time for permission, 'kay? Unless I forget.... I'm gonna go ahead and forget.
    141 weeks ago
    well THAT was overly intense...
    141 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: well THAT was overly intense...

To make a point. Everybody was trying to make their points by being nice, polite and sarcasm free until Chuffy had to bring the sarcasm-salad to the party. And if you bring sarcasm-salad to a party when no one asked you to, I hit you in the face with a sarcasm-pie. Fire with fire. I mean, really -- maybe I'm in the wrong place simply because I suggested things might be getting a little disorganized (which i seem to not be alone in feeling as such)? I think my comment was valid and worthy of expression without being derided by somebody who wants to try and tangle me up in their sass-lasso. No ropes shall hold me! End transmission.
    141 weeks ago
    We had this thread like a week ago didn't we?, conclusion came about that the majority like it this way.
    141 weeks ago
    Walrus said: We had this thread like a week ago didn't we?, conclusion came about that the majority like it this way.

And my point is hammered home. Didn't see any such thread cuz it was buried under a mountain of individual submission threads. And now, over to Chip with the weather...
    141 weeks ago
    By people like it this way, I mean the way the forums are now.
    And mayby, just mayby you should lurk more or use the search bar.
    your point is unhammered good sir.
    140 weeks ago
    Your "good t-shirt designs in a well-organized fashion" are surely covered by the ones up for sale and in the gallery. You perhaps came in for a bit more negativity than usual precisely because there was, as stated above, an almost identical (but much ruder) post about a week ago. Here: http://www.teefury.com/forum/6072/Give_it_a_rest__eh_/

Thus far in this thread there appears to be a bit of consensus that people disagree with your idea for a general submission thread - I'm sure you've read the reasons, including those of the teefury mods - and that people would quite like more organisation in the form of sub forums for General, Submissions and Trades. I suggest you reapply yourself to campaigning for that form of organisation and leaving this thread to die - "fighting fire with fire" is only going to make you look bad at this point.
    140 weeks ago
    OOOOOhhhh EEEemmm GGGeeeeee... this is a web site that sell nerdy shirts! SHIRTS! NERDY ONES! SHUT UP! EVERYONE! OP had a legit point, subsequent posters had equally legit points but somewhere these things got tangled in the mud. Now EVERYONE is slinging the mud around and it just got in my eyes. THESE ARE SMURFING STUPID SHIRTS! who cares what the forums look like. huff huff huff....
    140 weeks ago
    Ack, I wasn't trying to sling mud. :(
    140 weeks ago
    oh it's just the whole flippin thing that just seems silly to me. i just want people to encourage art. i wasn't accusing anyone single person of being in the wrong. let's all focus on the cool stuff that we are accomplishing in this community!
    140 weeks ago
    Beastpop, I was agreeing the forum should have sub sections and suggesting that you were being silly to think a forum on a T-shirt site wouldn't have posts about T-shirts.

I and many other artists value the opportunity to give and receive feedback on designs. And the majority of buyers don't seem to have issue with it either. Instead they enjoy being part of the process, letting the artists know what they would like to see on the designs.

If you feel it is necessary to come here and start ranting nonsense about salads, pies and fighting fire with fire, it's clear to me that you're just flaming. Please check the forum rules, your hostility is unwelcome here and unnecessary.
    140 weeks ago
    But he's not actually *throwing* pies though -_-...

And i don't see where you get this whole "hostility" thing in the first place to be honest, he's just stating his opinions on Teefury, critiquing if you would.

Anyway, i disagree AND agree at the same time, i know where he's coming from, but i also agree where admin(MJ)'s coming from, about the whole design stealing debacle.
    140 weeks ago
    ..agree with..* sry for bad engrish
  • Load More Comments