Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
Hey guys! I know I don't post much! But I'm so excited about this that I wanted to share! :D

I finished, tweeted and subbed this to TF last night! When I woke up this morning I found out that Edgar Wright (the director of Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Spaced) tweeted my design! Not only that...it was added to the official SP fan page on Facebook! Woohoo!! ^_^

I'm so excited and happy that he liked my work! :)

Here's the design! What do you guys think?!

Photobucket

Here's the tweet:
http://twitter.com/#!/edga​rwright/statuses/100086756​392697857

Anywayz! I really hope you guys like it! :)

127Comments
    154 weeks ago
    Teefury PRINT THIS SHIRT RIGHT NOW!
    I have been demanding a Scott Pilgrim tee for a long time, and this is an instabuy
    154 weeks ago
    Agreed! This is a fantastic design, and I hope we see it soon!
    154 weeks ago
    HO-LY-SH-------------------

That's a great great great GREAT design.
    154 weeks ago
    Wow!!! Awesome idea executed brilliantly!
    154 weeks ago
    Awesome design! I hope it gets printed (though I didn't like the movie). I wonder - is it too many colors though?
    154 weeks ago
    I saw this posted on FB last night and I commented as well. It's pretty much EXACTLY what I've been dying for. Seriously, TeeFury...this MUST BE PRINTED.

And the fact that someone said they didn't like the movie makes me physically ill. The books were brilliant, but that doesn't take away from pretty much the most entertaining movie in a decade.
    154 weeks ago
    aw, I know what it feels like. Damon Lindelof tweeted about my LOSTshirt the other day, dayum, what a day that was!

never read or watched Scott Pilgrim, but the design is pretty effin' sweet
    154 weeks ago
    Hey guys! Thanx so much for the compliments! The battle of the bands scene was my fave from the movie! So I just had to design something for it! :D

As for the colors...There's only 6 in there! :)

And yeah dude! I never had anyone really famous tweet my stuff before! It was sure a crazy day! :)

Thank you guys! :)
    154 weeks ago
    Hey congratulations! I already loved this, but an Edgar Wright tweet?!?! That's pretty much the most awesome thing ever. Talk about feedback! I hope this one gets printed.
    154 weeks ago
    I wonder if it would be best for you to have it printed at TeeFury now. Not that I don't think it should, but if Wright tweeted about it on your other site, I'd imagine that most people who want the shirt (unless they read this thread) would buy it from there, rather than here.
    Just a thought, I hope it does really well either way, it's a great design!
    154 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: I wonder if it would be best for you to have it printed at TeeFury now. Not that I don't think it should, but if Wright tweeted about it on your other site, I'd imagine that most people who want the shirt (unless they read this thread) would buy it from there, rather than here.

Just a thought, I hope it does really well either way, it's a great design!

Nah...if they did pick it...I would simply just re-direct them to Teefury by posting it on that page or something. I would also disable the ability to purchase it on that site!

But ... besides... that what tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc is all about! The more you promote it, the more people will know where to find it. People actually get more excited about paying less for the same thing! I know I do! :)
    154 weeks ago
    Agreed, this needs to be printed... I check the site every day around midnight and this would be quite a treat to come home to after work.

Seriously, PRINT NOW. The colors are vibrant and the design is flawless.

Instabuy.
    154 weeks ago
    as always ... Ace!
    154 weeks ago
    Soooo good... may well miss a day's food to get hold of this if... WHEN this gets printed! ;)
    154 weeks ago
    Would again, like to express to TeeFury, that this is an instant need. More than any other shirt you have in the pipeline, accept this submission and just go ahead and print your biggest order without waiting for purchases, you'll fill it and then some.
    154 weeks ago
    WHEN this is accepted by Teefury could you post a seperate post ADVERTISING it a few days in advance? I'd hate to miss this shirt but it's hard to budget stuff without knowing in advance. I've missed a few good shirts for this reason.
    154 weeks ago
    man that's cool!

I hope TeeFury prints this!
    154 weeks ago
    seriously dig this Bam! love the colors alot! hope TF prints! :D
    154 weeks ago
    And the fact that someone said they didn't like the movie makes me physically ill.

Sorry - I'm entitled to my opinion. It wasn't for me. I could see the artistic merit in it, but I didn't like it.

Also, I'm SURE this will get printed - it really is an amazing amazing design.
    154 weeks ago
    I honestly don't see how this could NOT get printed. Vibrant, artwork is spot on and the references are subtle yet poignant. Honestly I would be extremely surprised to not see it printed. Bravo bamboota. Hats off!
    154 weeks ago
    Skeet.
    154 weeks ago
    epic!
    154 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: I honestly don't see how this could NOT get printed. Vibrant, artwork is spot on and the references are subtle yet poignant. Honestly I would be extremely surprised to not see it printed. Bravo bamboota. Hats off!

I may sound like a nitpicky pointyobject right now, but could you please explain how it's "subtle". Nothing personal, or agaisnt the artist, I just keep seeing obvious references to movies and shows being labled subtle.
    154 weeks ago
    I'd say it's subtle as unless you know the story, you're not going to get the reference (especially since it doesn't have the main characters obviously plastered all over it, or Scott Pilgrim writeen anywhere...). Print it TeeFury, post haste.
    154 weeks ago
    Thanx for the awesome compliments everyone! Especially to the guy who just wrote "Skeet."! lol

As for the subtlety...i think it's 50/50. Yes...it has elements of the movie....BUT if you didn't see the movie...or read the comic...you prolly won't get it. :[

But I wanted to design something that would appeal to people in general...Thats why i chose vibrant, eye catching colors! I hope it worked! lol

Thanx everyone! :)
  • Load More Comments