Back to forum
rss 154 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I've been following teefury for a couple months now and I love this site.

I've had this idea in my head for a bit now. Here's my first pass at it.

Basically Bowser=Dexter and he's in the kill room with Mario as his victim. I think I need some perspective work but other than that, what does everyone think? Good concept or just dumb?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

7Comments
    154 weeks ago
    Ahahha, nice concept.
    I think out of the whole design, the table needs some work. The legs of the table, like the bottom line, should be parallel to the edge of the table I think.

Also, I'm not sure if I dig the whole background. I think the image can show without the shelf and the lines indicating the walls. As cute as the picture frames are, I don't think they are necessary.

And maybe add a shine in the colour of the light grey to the object Boswer is holding?

Awesome idea! Good luck!
    154 weeks ago
    the idea is good, but ... well, what you yourself & Nytie said: the table doesn't hold up to the basic principles of perspective & carpentry. also, the drop shadow works for the letters but not for the blood spatters. they need to be flat. and the text is somewhat heavy to the left right now.

I actually like the shelf & the pictures of the ones Mario murdered, that's a neat idea. but whatever Bowser is holding in his hand is not really clear. is it a scalpel? a knife? a ... stabby stab .. thing?

oh, and don't forget that Dex doesn't just wrap his patients up in shrink wrap, he also ties them to the table with it
    154 weeks ago
    @ Nytie - First off, thanks for commenting and liking the concept.

With regards to the table I wasn't sure if it should be visible at all when I first thought of the concept. I was trying to make it look like there was a draping of plastic on it and then Mario tied to that with the wrap but I couldn't get that to look exactly the way I pictured it. I'll head back to the drawing board on that one.

@Kgulholmen - I was thinking of eliminating the drop shadow all together. You think I should stretch the text across the whole shirt?

I like the shelf as well. It's funny that you both bring up what Bowser is holding because he's not actually holding anything, at least I didn't mean for him to be. That line is actually a line that I used in the back to create the drape in my original design, I should probably have deleted it when I gave up on that idea. Oops!

Thanks both of you!
    154 weeks ago
    No problem!

OOH! I had a dumb moment about the idea for the picture frams (the actual reason for them went completely over my head;I thought they were just decoration) Ahaha, I change my mind about the framed pictures now!
    How about keeping the shelf and moving the dropshadowless text to the bottom of the image, perhaps even overlapping it over the picture a little?
    And eliminating the lines indicating walls? Just for a more simplistic feel for it?

I'd love to see this shirt sold. :)
    154 weeks ago
    i cant see the image :(
    154 weeks ago
    same here
    154 weeks ago
    Here's a link to the twitpic if you can't see it here.

http://twitpic.com/619bmr